Future Universal Projects and Parks | Page 55 | Inside Universal Forums

Future Universal Projects and Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think anyone has posted this yet. Ideal Buildout drew this design for a future Universal Studios Florida concept. I like the New York area additions (not including the demolition of the Mummy, but loving the new Transformers facade idea), the space/MID/Star Trek area idea and the Ministry of Magic addition. That being said, with the Nintendo deal just signed we can basically ignore the majority of the lower portion of this because of the new properties they can use.

This is what he had for the inspiration of the new London facades:
Blog%2B-%2BWhitehall.JPG

and this is the concept:
Blog%2B-%2BUSF%2BExpansion.PNG

Last edited:
His name is S.W. Wilson and he basically takes a current park and think of how to make it better. He is doing a big project for 2015 that he is in the middle of which involves designing the ultimate theme park.

He normally will set some parameters to work with and then go on designing really cool looking fixes to existing parks, like Walt Disney Studios and Hong Kong Disneyland. I love his blog because he not only draws detailed drawing for the ideal build out's but also goes through them and describes each part of it. I can't believe he hasn't been hired for any of the big brands, or maybe he has been, idk.

Here's his site: idealbuildout.blogspot.com

- - - Updated - - -

He used to go by themeparkconcepts. I actually first found him from a post on this forum here: http://www.orlandounited.com/forums/showthread.php/6867-Seuss-Landing-Expansion-Speculation/page2

Last edited:
I am a keen follower of his and am normally a fan, but there are a few odd choices in this one. Not sure about the wisdom of demolishing The Mummy only to rebuild a similar looking ride across the other side of the park... Also the Monsters River is a bit of a strange concept.

Worst of all, he took the trouble of majorly rebuilding the park but didn't demolish Rockit :lol:

Honest to God, the next future projects I want to see are:

-Better locker areas (too crowded, too jumbled, too annoying)
-Actual displaying on-ride photos at exits of rides (why even leave those monitors at the exit on if you're not gonna use them?)
-Giving people a real cup full of water rather than plastic Dixie cups
-Fixing the speakers throughout the parks and some of the rides to fix the fuzzy background music/sounds
-Better operations on the Rock-It
-Increased show quality team to fix things like damaged pictures in Gringott's queue, litter in some of the ride queues, and cruddy effects on stuff like JP, Popeye, etc.
-Something done to fix the exposed show building for FJ (coming up from the side of the Discovery Center and seeing the castle attached to the big white building looks pretty bad)
-Most importantly, doing whatever it takes to get rid of the terrible metal detectors. The green awning over the metal detectors in the Dragons queue…hideous. The cluster of people after separating parties to pass through the detectors…terrible. And the fact that no other park has this kind of thing…just weird. Put in netting, roofs above queues/pathways…whatever. Just get rid of these things. They are terrible.

Before any new rides, shows, even parks, I wanna see stuff like this taken care of. Outside Harry Potter, there are a lot of areas of improvement in the existing parks. I love new rides as much as the next guy but Universal could really get to "next level" by improving some of their existing infrastructure first IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, we kinda know everything that UOR has planned at this point. Kong, Wondersea, a Fast and Furious something and some kind of Rock Center thingy plus a an unknown restaurant or two.

So, are we at a dead point? No one seems to know what they have planned four years out, or if they do, they aren't telling us so far.

I know a ton of stuff I cannot discuss here, but I don't know four, five, six years out. So, discuss the entire resorts future projects in general here.

Another park? Discuss that here too.

So, I began this thread with the above post. A few things have changed slightly, Wondersea is now going to be called Volcano Bay.

What was unknown then was Nintendo, Hulk redo, Hello Kitty. Less than grandly impressive. We also have the new JW film and the unknown of what that might portend...

Did I miss anything? I feel sure that I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.