Future Universal Projects and Parks | Page 54 | Inside Universal Forums

Future Universal Projects and Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
With Universal getting Nintendo, it would be also be super great if they could get Studio Ghibli Theme Park rights that Disney well John Lasseter was trying to get his hands on and Toho Co rights for Godzilla and a lot of other stuff. Despite not being "westernized" those IPs are easily cross over for theme park settings and Universal could used those also in Japan, China, and Orlando.

I mean how cool would it be in 2020 if Universal Orlando had both Kong and Godzilla.

With Universal getting Nintendo, it would be also be super great if they could get Studio Ghibli Theme Park rights that Disney well John Lasseter was trying to get his hands on and Toho Co rights for Godzilla and a lot of other stuff. Despite not being "westernized" those IPs are easily cross over for theme park settings and Universal could used those also in Japan, China, and Orlando.

I mean how cool would it be in 2020 if Universal Orlando had both Kong and Godzilla.

While I love Studio Ghibli films, I don't see any of them making an appearance at a U.S. theme park, be it Universal or Disney. Ghibli films, while excellent and some of my favorites, along with most anime in general are a niche market that many in the mainstream have little knowledge of. That coupled with Ghibli's uncertain future (they haulted all production last fall to re-evaluate the company after Miyazaki's retirement from directing and there there have been reports that the studio may close their doors for good.)

While I love Studio Ghibli films, I don't see any of them making an appearance at a U.S. theme park, be it Universal or Disney. Ghibli films, while excellent and some of my favorites, along with most anime in general are a niche market that many in the mainstream have little knowledge of. That coupled with Ghibli's uncertain future (they haulted all production last fall to re-evaluate the company after Miyazaki's retirement from directing and there there have been reports that the studio may close their doors for good.)

I don't think niche is a problem, but they are not a style or type of entertainment that American guests are familiar with. I think that's the problem.

Also, our buddy Martin posted on WDWM posted a list of coming projects to Universal and ended it with Mummy. Could we see that attraction leaving soon?

Also, our buddy Martin posted on WDWM posted a list of coming projects to Universal and ended it with Mummy. Could we see that attraction leaving soon?

The Mummy reboot is still on for the Universal extended Monsters Universe. Maybe it will just be an update/overlay.

I don't think niche is a problem, but they are not a style or type of entertainment that American guests are familiar with. I think that's the problem.

I could see Mummy being heavily updated..imagine what they could do with the projection technology that is around now!

Also a cohesive theme/story would be nice haha

Yeah I think mummy will stay for some time, considering it seems like other projects are taking the forefront right now...I mean you can't redo every ride all at once. Plus, it still is a great ride.

Mummy has great capacity and is one of the best rides ever, to remove it would be ludicrous. Refurbishing it a bit would be nice, but to be honest, not everything needs to be hi-tech. I just love the simple organic nature of Mummy ...

True but the way Universal seems to be going with everything if it is due a refurb they may update/upgrade it to a higher level.

They have been upgrading Mummy. New projectors, new audio equipment, new screens.

What's still upcoming is the rumored retheme to the new Mummy movie in production now.

They have been upgrading Mummy. New projectors, new audio equipment, new screens.

What's still upcoming is the rumored retheme to the new Mummy movie in production now.

They really need new animation and effects...the new projectors are simply brighter and expose the problems that were hidden by the darker projection

They really need new animation and effects...the new projectors are simply brighter and expose the problems that were hidden by the darker projection

my issue with Mummy is that the first half is themed so well, and then the second part is just a bunch of cutouts...I'd almost have no cutouts in the second half and just have it be completely dark..they dont do anything for the ride.

my issue with Mummy is that the first half is themed so well, and then the second part is just a bunch of cutouts...I'd almost have no cutouts in the second half and just have it be completely dark..they dont do anything for the ride.

Good point...If I remember correctly the budget for this ride got cut severely and some portions lost out on theming..

I disagree, I find that the weird glowing things make it great. What would be great is if they could have the backwards launch better and have it go partially up the hill, then you go down again, table turns and you have the front launch.

When Volcano Bay is built will there be "Valcano Bay" buses to ship guests to and from the parking garages?
Or is i possible for them to build a parking garage?

And will Sapphire Falls have buses like Cabana Bay?

When Volcano Bay is built will there be "Valcano Bay" buses to ship guests to and from the parking garages?
Or is i possible for them to build a parking garage?

And will Sapphire Falls have buses like Cabana Bay?

There will be buses to Volcano Bay or one will have to walk. Walking from Cabana will be a no-brainer. Sapphire will have water transport, so there will probably be buses, but fewer runs.

I'm sure this guy's Linkedin profile has been mentioned before.

Given his work background being responsible for multiple ride implementations in Singapore, could the project numbers on his latest assignment be linked to larger projects in UOR? Volcano Bay etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.