Future Universal Projects and Parks | Page 58 | Inside Universal Forums

Future Universal Projects and Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
latest

Reactions: Jon84 and King_K.
Okay, well this is probably just me with too much time on my hands, but maybe, just maybe, there's something here.

Today, on the Comptroller's site was a "Termination" of an agreement between HLR Limited and Universal City Development Partners. Now who is HLR Limited you say? They own the Promenade at Universal Plaza that is on Turkey Lake Road just beyond the backstage area at USF. See here(It's the building and area marked at 5907 Turkey Lake Road):

Screenshot%202015-06-29%20at%2010.58.43%20AM_zpsalmkghjl.png

Now, it's not a large area that is owned, only 4.34 acres, but maybe this area could be used in some way shape for the future.

Parcel info: Parcel Search - Rick Singh, CFA - Orange County Property Appraiser

Termination: http://or.occompt.com/recorder/eagl...3664.pdf?id=DOC1725S853.A0&parent=DOC1725S853

Okay, well this is probably just me with too much time on my hands, but maybe, just maybe, there's something here.

Today, on the Comptroller's site was a "Termination" of an agreement between HLR Limited and Universal City Development Partners.

Perhaps Comcast/Universal wants the property back? They are going to need more and more office space as time moves forward.

Universal Creative already moved their offices to the upper floors of the north building there (Above the Pammies Sammies shop). (Their old office building further south along Turkey Lake is now Universal Merchandising) I don't think there's anything to this easement other than it's probably no longer needed, which would be the case if they outright purchased it.

Reactions: maxairmike
^ Yeah, saw your website. Last I heard, there were hopes by a few to replace the existing parade building, however, the new parade building was never intended as a replacement for it. The new building is being created for something completely different.

Have you actually heard that the other building is coming down? If so, where are they putting its replacement?

Not saying this could come to fruition but my preferred method of execution would be a complete retheming of MIB to Nintendo utilizing the same ride system but with iconic Nintendo IPs. Its a versatile way to fit a lot of content into a single attraction. I would also like to see the death of Fear Factor and the rise of a live action Nintendo themed show or its consumption into the potterverse. As for kids Zone my preference would be a tokyo retheme for the F&F franchise complete with ride or you cant go wrong with a minnion land with the new reboot on the movies.

Not saying this could come to fruition but my preferred method of execution would be a complete retheming of MIB to Nintendo utilizing the same ride system but with iconic Nintendo IPs. Its a versatile way to fit a lot of content into a single attraction. I would also like to see the death of Fear Factor and the rise of a live action Nintendo themed show or its consumption into the potterverse. As for kids Zone my preference would be a tokyo retheme for the F&F franchise complete with ride or you cant go wrong with a minnion land with the new reboot on the movies.
It's not going to happen but I would love to see a show similar to the Nintendo World Championship in the movie "The Wizard" with lots of retro Nintendo elements which ironically was at USH.

Okay, there's a bunch of documents I want to read through, and I'm just going to post interesting things as I find them.

First up:

Hotels 6 and 7 will most likely be value resorts(Edit: or simply additions to previous resorts as JungleSkip said above). The reason for this is that the priority that call operators are told to sell the resorts are 1. Deluxes, 2. Sapphire, 3. Cabana Bay, 4. Hotel #6 and #7, 5. "Preferred Hotels", and 6. "Unviersal Partner Hotels"

Screenshot%202015-07-01%20at%2010.36.25%20AM_zpsrclid5dt.png

Also, something referred to as the "Former Lakewood Pond Parcel" is now be given to Universal for other development purposes.

Screenshot%202015-07-01%20at%2010.43.51%20AM_zpss9r6ebri.png

More to come as I find it...

Status
Not open for further replies.