Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion | Page 104 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I still have no idea why it's that hard to just make a story on the website or something. Not even to tie anything in but to just give build up and fun to the Franchizes. Something as simple as Jack commentating over the houses and making references to past years is something the fans would just die for. Ughh I miss the olden days

2007 and 2009 were IP-centric years done right. Use an original icon/backstory to tie everything together, we continue to get fun lore in the buildup, and marketing is happy with its franchises.
Exactly it made the event more cohesive and gave it a story and just added to the experience....i still love the event i just miss the golden days...one can dream!!! lol

Reactions: Cole
I still have no idea why it's that hard to just make a story on the website or something. Not even to tie anything in but to just give build up and fun to the Franchizes. Something as simple as Jack commentating over the houses and making references to past years is something the fans would just die for. Ughh I miss the olden days
Right there with you man!!! those days were great!! the websites were great!!!

Reactions: Cole
2007 and 2009 were IP-centric years done right. Use an original icon/backstory to tie everything together, we continue to get fun lore in the buildup, and marketing is happy with its franchises.

Those were also the first two years that were IP centric. Whether or not the A&D team will pull it off ever again remains to be seen. From what I see right now, #25 looks to be an above average year.

so has there been any confirmation on when hell week is. im heading to orlando from oct 11 and truthfully wanna avoid a bunch of drunk moronic college kids.

so has there been any confirmation on when hell week is. im heading to orlando from oct 11 and truthfully wanna avoid a bunch of drunk moronic college kids.

Did a little Google Fu ... Osceola, Polk and Seminole Counties are out 10/19, which does not bode well for Sunday, 10/18.

Orange and Lake Counties are out 10/22 - 26, and Volusia out that Friday, will probably end up being called "Hell Week." Especially being the weekend before a Saturday Halloween, a lot of the general population going to pick that weekend.

Not sure when UCF Night will be, but unfortunately it could easily be 10/11. That's usually packed out as well. On the plus side, if you are doing 10/14 - 10/15, I suspect those will be surprisingly managable with a bonus open hour this year.

cheers mate, living in northern ireland i wouldn't even know where to start looking for Orlando college schedules lol let alone what nes there actually is

I figured, so many counties around here. The ones I listed are the closest, ones most likely to affect attendance. But in short, 10/18 - 25 going to be bad.

Those were also the first two years that were IP centric. Whether or not the A&D team will pull it off ever again remains to be seen. From what I see right now, #25 looks to be an above average year.
I dunno... 3/5 houses in 2002 were IPs and one of the originals was a sequel.

Right there with you man!!! those days were great!! the websites were great!!!

well this was answered somewhere else (either on fb or on another hhn site)
but I remember some people saying that when universal did the survey on the websites most people said they only cared about the information about the event.

Universal figured no one really cared about intricate stories or good backstories or stuff since most people today check the HHN website on their phone and they only care about the info on prices and the hours and stuff.
or that's what I remember anyway. Maybe I misunderstood but it seemed pretty clear to me that they don't put as much effort on the site because most people dont care either way

well this was answered somewhere else (either on fb or on another hhn site)
but I remember some people saying that when universal did the survey on the websites most people said they only cared about the information about the event.

Universal figured no one really cared about intricate stories or good backstories or stuff since most people today check the HHN website on their phone and they only care about the info on prices and the hours and stuff.
or that's what I remember anyway. Maybe I misunderstood but it seemed pretty clear to me that they don't put as much effort on the site because most people dont care either way

There's really no reason all of that info can't be front and center, with the backstory stuff relegated to a separate tab (as has been done for... many years.) You can twist and lead survey results wherever you want them to go, so I'm not sure I buy that that people don't "want" it. And before anyone says it "costs money" - does, it really? There's some graphics and web pages that need to be made (I'm excluding games here), and that's all done by people in-house. This was something they did for fun.

The real issue is that A&D no longer controls the website. I'm sure they'd be happy to whip up a few fun things for us if Marketing/PR/Social wanted to give them space for it - they don't.

ugh of course nobody in the GP cares about a story, they probably didn't know there were stories in the first place. If that's the reason they're going with than that's a dumb reason. I can understand no story for the past couple years since there was no icon or any story to tell for that matter. But this? All the icons are coming back along with an anniversary house. Like c'mon now, it's needed

From experiencing it first-hand, it was decided that the website lore wasn't worth the cost because it was only catering to a small amount of hardcore HHN fans who were coming to the event regardless. Like it or not, HHN fans are an extremely small group compared to the general population of HHN attendees. GP only cares about event dates and buying tickets.

From experiencing it first-hand, it was decided that the website lore wasn't worth the cost because it was only catering to a small amount of hardcore HHN fans who were coming to the event regardless.

Agreed this is key. HHN marketing is all about hitting the UCF freshman who's never heard of the event or the 20-something Winter Park yuppies who don't normally "do" theme parks but do love TWD or Nightmare on Elm Street. You can't convince me that a single person ever found the online games, played them, and then decided to go to the event solely because of that.

I think the best thing for them to do as far as tying everything together in a back story is to just continue the Legendary Truth type stuff. It gives the frequent visitor another layer to the event and encourages those frequent visitors to attend more often which increases in park sales.