Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 43 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
From what I have been told, that is the intention. I have no idea if they pull it off well enough to terrify some adults, but it does sound promising. Really promising. It seems payback for having to tone down FJ so long ago.
What exactly was toned down for FJ if you dont mind me asking?

^ I believe rumors had it that the dementor room was toned way down. Many effects turned off. But that is other peoples information of which I have no knowledge about. Personally, I feel the whole ride has a lot more problems than the dementor room being zapped. That said, I won't drone on about it again. ;)

I'm curious if by painting it all black you lose some of the texture and detail of the facade. Do you think it would benefit from a little gray or mossy green to break it up? I'm judging it only by the pictures (which are awesome, thank you!); maybe it looks a bit different in person.

I've seen it in person about 6 months ago and looking trough a camera at the paintwork in detail there are actually a lot of colours in that paintjob. Due to the placement I have the feeling it's in the shadows most of the time and I wouldn't be surprised if it was done on purpose to make it more foreboding. Add a thick canopy of trees and it'll be a dark and brooding place. When they add fire an lighting I'm sure it'll come to life perfectly. And if they don't like it they'll repaint it over and over until they do. How many time's was the rockwork for Hogwarts painted? Quite a few times and it looks perfect.

Looking at the Orlandoparksnews.com photos, I'm very confused as to why the intrance/exit(?) building is starting to look like a castle... I know its not finished yet but why would this style make sense to the Skull Island asthetic?

Looking at the Orlandoparksnews.com photos, I'm very confused as to why the intrance/exit(?) building is starting to look like a castle... I know its not finished yet but why would this style make sense to the Skull Island asthetic?

The same reason a dragon on top of Gringotts doesn't make sense. It's a theme park, not a documentary. The entrance to Kong is merely supposed to be sensational and foreshadowing. A grand welcome.

Reactions: Cole
I know that some people have said that the ride vehicles will be like large jeeps. This may be a stupid question but I've never been on a jeep ride before. Does anyone know if the track will be mainly flat or is it expected to have some coaster-like portions? I get motion sickness but I reeeaaallly want to go on this.

I know that some people have said that the ride vehicles will be like large jeeps. This may be a stupid question but I've never been on a jeep ride before. Does anyone know if the track will be mainly flat or is it expected to have some coaster-like portions? I get motion sickness but I reeeaaallly want to go on this.

Completely flat. Should be no worries about motion sickness.

Reactions: amanda

There is no track. So no drops. ;)

I know that some people have said that the ride vehicles will be like large jeeps.

Amanda, here is the concept art of the vehicle. Not a "jeep" at all. The only difference is that the vehicle will be nearly three times longer. It will be on rubber tires throughout so it is like your personal car. It will be rocked a bit by special lifts in the floor at two points during the ride but that is it. It is all visual terror.

kong_entry2.jpg

That's awesome news. Thanks for the responses. There's still a lot to do in Universal w/o the coasters, but I definitely didn't want to miss out on this ride. I hope they don't hold back on the scares with the themeing. The creepy atmosphere in that concept art looks so great.

Not sure if it's already been specified, but will this ride be mainly screens with just the Kong AA, or will it be a more even mix?

Not trying to start another screen debate, just asking.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
Not sure if it's already been specified, but will this ride be mainly screens with just the Kong AA, or will it be a more even mix?

Not trying to start another screen debate, just asking.

There are TONS of themed sets and practical effects that will take place. The minute you go through those gates, you will put the glasses on, and have a bit of difficulty telling what is real and what is 3D. Should all blend together.

Oh, and in case it hasn't been mentioned yet, the sets are finished. The screens should have gone up in the last few weeks or are in the process. The only thing that is a wee bit behind schedule is the queue building interior on the right of it all.

More than one AA in the ride.

There are TONS of themed sets and practical effects that will take place. The minute you go through those gates, you will put the glasses on, and have a bit of difficulty telling what is real and what is 3D. Should all blend together.

Oh, and in case it hasn't been mentioned yet, the sets are finished. The screens should have gone up in the last few weeks or are in the process. The only thing that is a wee bit behind schedule is the queue building interior on the right of it all.

That's great to hear, thanks! Gets me even more excited for this ride.

The sets are finished? I almost wished I didn't know that. Makes it all the more painful not being able to see what's inside right now.

So disappointed in F&F... And just like that, they pull me back in...