Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

SuperStar Shuttle, Anyone used it yet?

Apr 18, 2015
Just like the title says, has anyone used Universals new Super Star Shuttle service from the airport to your hotel? Last year my wife and I used Mears and the driver got lost on the way to Cabana Bay so hoping for a better experience with Universals new service.

At the very least, the Universal driver should know how to get to Universal.

It is a bit pricey though. It would be $70 for two people to use the service... i'd personally recommend an uber or a taxi. An uber will get you there extremely quick and be about $30 max.

It is a bit pricey though. It would be $70 for two people to use the service... i'd personally recommend an uber or a taxi. An uber will get you there extremely quick and be about $30 max.

Uber is not allowed to pick up from the airports, only drop off. Best bet is to get a cab to the resort then Uber to the airport.

How in the hell does a Mears driver get lost going to Cabana Bay !! Disney and Universal are like their main runs all day everyday lol

I have scheduled my pickup and return with Universal SuperStar Shuttle for my HHN trip. It is a great deal for a solo traveler at $35 roundtrip and is direct to Uni properties so you aren't driving all over Disney like with Mears. I am using the service Sept 24th, so I will post any positive or negative feedback I have afterwards.

Last edited:
I used Mears last year to Cabana Bay for $64 rt without tip for the wife and I. No problems at all. Decided to use Uni's SuperStar this time. The only problem I had was getting it booked. Twice a TM gave me the number for SuperShuttle who had no clue how to book it and sent me back to Uni. Finally someone booked it for me.

I used Mears last year to Cabana Bay for $64 rt without tip for the wife and I. No problems at all. Decided to use Uni's SuperStar this time. The only problem I had was getting it booked. Twice a TM gave me the number for SuperShuttle who had no clue how to book it and sent me back to Uni. Finally someone booked it for me.

Quick follow up. Great vans and no issues with the service to and from Cabana. We did have an issue at MCO when we went to the Universal Store. Instructions were go to ANY store to get your shuttle info but the closest store had no record of us. Had to go over to the other concourse which had us on the list. Why they have two lists is beyond me. What made it worse is the TM did not speak very good english. At least not to me. I'm sure they will get the bugs worked out.

I'd definitely book again.

Uni%20Van_zpsdwlm50d0.jpg
Uni%20Van_zpsdwlm50d0.jpg

Saved our flight home.. We had a 10pm flight. Airline called at 6:30 said flight delayed 2hr. So I called the service number for superstar shuttle. No answer. Left message. Called again half hour later. No answer. Went to front desk at Cabana Bay. They got me the dispatcher. She changed our 7:15 pick up to 9:15. Then at 7:30 the airline called again to put back on time flight. While waiting in line for another front desk clerk I saw a shuttle pull up. Ran outside and he had no other stops. He immediately loaded us up and took us to the airport. Made it to gate 20min to spare. Can't thank him enough. I did tip him well! Booked through Travel Agent with our trip. No idea what it cost. It was easy shuttle from airport.. side A right outside the US desk. No other stops. Definitely book again!