Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion | Page 176 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That's such a shame I managed to see her when I went and she was superb one of the few that actually made me jump. She got me while I was photographing the set. I dropped the camera to look at the shoot and she was right beside me didn't even realise lol

It's the only thing I hate about hhn there is always some Jerky McJerkface who takes it to far. The night I was there shooting some shots some drunken frat boy thought it would be a great laugh to try and grab and swing on my cameras zoom lens. Luckily enough he missed but seriously I hate to think the hassle the female scare actors have to go through. No one should be subjected to that

I just saw the post, seems pretty legit. It really sucks that some people have to be complete ass hats when they come to the parks especially during HHN. This scarezone probably wasn't the easiest to keep track and sight lines on people with the crowding, exit from Run, and fog everywhere, but still people need to learn some common decency. These are actors, not monsters, not props, not toys. They are real people and deserve to be treated as such.

While in the line for Gringotts, there was a loud man yelling and being stupid. As soon as people get to that point, they should be taken out. They should also lower the amount of tickets sold.

It runs the gamut from what I have seen, but keep in mind the behavior she is talking about is pretty hard to notice.

"Drunk frat boy" is a term that bugs me as someone who drinks, is responsible, and a member of a Greek organization. And chances are the jerk in question probably has no relation to any organizations. Not the biggest problem in the world but I wanted to get that off my chest.

Reactions: SeventyOne and Cole
"Drunk frat boy" is a term that bugs me as someone who drinks, is responsible, and a member of a Greek organization. And chances are the jerk in question probably has no relation to any organizations. Not the biggest problem in the world but I wanted to get that off my chest.
There's much more than one jerk in question that make unfortunate things like this happen.

Yesterday I was riding gringotts and this guy wouldn't stop yelling the entire time in line and in the ride he try flirting with the staff and on the ride he kept screaming and hitting the chair with his feet.
Probably a different guy than the one mentioned. If I was a first time rider to gringotts I would have been furious...

But how can u stop this... To them you are just having a good time and people should relax.
The people messing with the actors don't even know or realize they are even doing something wrong... They are always shocked when security calls them out on it..

Reactions: allienoves
Unfortunately, there are jerks "everywhere". Generally they're some real insecure person that feels they need to get attention to look or be important.

Not to let the guests off, because this is primarily their fault, but Uni let the situation get out of hand when they did nothing to curb Die In becoming little more than a glorified photo op.

I hate to say it but with how big the crowds are getting, uni might have to ban posing for pics and tell the actors to not stop for posing either... Don't really ser any other solution.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I never understand people that feel the need to take selfies and pictures with scaractors. That's not what they're there for and you're ruining it for other guest. Unfortunately the guests want pictures with characters. And there's no easy or polite way to stop that. But if you see someone touch or grab a scaractor go to the nearest team member and let them know immediately. It is assault and should be punished by the law.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
Are there signs out front telling the guests that they must not touch the actors? I know the actors cannot touch the guests.

I don't recall any, and if there are signs, they are not noticeable.
Universal might have to put giant signs at the entrance saying "You will be kicked out and possibly arrested if you touch the actors" in big red letters.... i really don't remember any signs.

(the Map does have something, but the map only says "Don't mistreat the event's scareactors, they know where you live"
which I always found weird because it sounds too playful to be a real warning. It should say Don't Mistreat the actors if you dont want to get kicked out. HHN's audience needs to be taught to respect the actors with something better than that small line in the back of the map.

I never understand people that feel the need to take selfies and pictures with scaractors. That's not what they're there for and you're ruining it for other guest. Unfortunately the guests want pictures with characters. And there's no easy or polite way to stop that. But if you see someone touch or grab a scaractor go to the nearest team member and let them know immediately. It is assault and should be punished by the law.

the problem is that Universal does things to the extreme.... back in 2010-2011 they didn't let anyone take a pic, and I am not talking about posing with the actors, if you tried to take a pic of the actors working the event, the coordinators would yell at you and tell you to keep walking. (I was yelled at a couple of times for taking pictures of the props... the Props, not even the actors!)
I also remember the actors would cover their faces any time someone tried to take a pic.

To me that was Too extreme... there's nothing wrong if let's say, a photographer ( with a real camera) wants to get a pic of an actor scaring someone. I really don't understand what was going on back then. But now everyone is getting "selfies" with their phones and Uni is not putting a stop to the selfie madness either... it's like it is either "No Pictures whatsoever" or "let everyone get selfies with the actors" Just ban Selfies and posing for pictures.