Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Indiana Jones Ride at Disney Hollywood Studios?

Nobody's getting ahead of themselves. We're just looking at the bigger picture. The reason people are looking at Phase 3 is because we already know what Phase 1 & 2 are.

It's only natural people want to know/speculate what is beyond Toy Story/Star Wars.

Phase 3 is budgeted, so I feel confident that will happen. Disney is just waiting on the metrics of different IPs before they move forward. Phase 4, who knows if or what it will be.

im hoping that the overhaul is too big of a success then Disney might be forced to open up nightly kingdom the 5th park bc with the parks as crowded as they are now the success might be too much fuel added to the fire besides there has been a rumor of the 5th park opening sometime in the 2020s

Nobody's getting ahead of themselves. We're just looking at the bigger picture. The reason people are looking at Phase 3 is because we already know what Phase 1 & 2 are.

It's only natural people want to know/speculate what is beyond Toy Story/Star Wars.

^^^ This... it is like when there was a lull in construction for phase 2 HP, people started speculating about Phase 3 of HP even though people have no clue whether it will happen. People talk, it happens. I haven't seen anyone on here go too far.

im hoping that the overhaul is too big of a success then Disney might be forced to open up nightly kingdom the 5th park bc with the parks as crowded as they are now the success might be too much fuel added to the fire besides there has been a rumor of the 5th park opening sometime in the 2020s

Sorry, they have way too many issues with their current parks to even consider a 5th park. They need to finish HS re-do, they need to fix Epcot, and they need to fix Tomorrowland at MK. That is enough to keep them busy until at least 2025.

true but i think most of Disney problems come from over crowding and the fact they have too many low capacity rides

They need to address that in each park, which I think is what they are trying now with adding to Soarin and toy story plus building new stuff. They can't address it with a 5th park because people will just add a 5th day so it won't help their issue.

Toy story and Soarin' didn't need extra capacity. The parks just needed new attractions to spread capacity out. Epcot is a stale park. We've gotten a Seas with Nemo overlay, a Test Track redux, a Soarin' up grade, and a Norway overlay. Literally no new attraction has been built in almost a decade.

Toy story and Soarin' didn't need extra capacity. The parks just needed new attractions to spread capacity out. Epcot is a stale park. We've gotten a Seas with Nemo overlay, a Test Track redux, a Soarin' up grade, and a Norway overlay. Literally no new attraction has been built in almost a decade.
The last new attraction to open at Epcot was Soarin' in 2005. So it HAS been a decade.

The do need extra capacity if you ever wait in those lines they are very slow lines. They also need new rides which they are also addresses in HS. My thought is that HS was a more dire issue because it doesn't have special events to bring people in like Epcot does. So if I had to guess they will address Epcot once phase 1 and 2 are done, maybe wait until 3. But they may address it earlier. They know the need to fix both those parks. Their actions show it.

Frozen (2016) (Right?), Wonders of Life 2.0 (2018), Ride that replaces Mission Space (2020) Brazil in World Showcase (2023). There's my 8 year plan for Epcot. Reasonable, not too rushed but not taking 20 years either. #Dragons'Epcot

Frozen (2016) (Right?), Wonders of Life 2.0 (2018), Ride that replaces Mission Space (2020) Brazil in World Showcase (2023). There's my 8 year plan for Epcot. Reasonable, not too rushed but not taking 20 years either. #Dragons'Epcot
Too bad by 2023, there will likely be little new beyond a new Soarin' film and a re-skinned Maelstrom. Based on what i've heard, a new Illuminations is most likely to happen within that span.

Too bad by 2023, there will likely be little new beyond a new Soarin' film and a re-skinned Maelstrom. Based on what i've heard, a new Illuminations is most likely to happen within that span.

I think a lot could change between now and then. Think about 3 years ago, you would have said no way is there going to be a HS re-build and a Frozen ride by 2018. Things change so quickly in this industry you never know what will be there 8 years from now. I think Frozen brings more people going to Epcot year round instead of just during events and the busy season. The park won't be able to handle the crowds and it will force Disney into doing something to re-build it like they are doing with HS. I think this re-build will start somewhere around 2019 after HS is done Phase 1 & 2 are done. But this is all guesswork, but with what is going on now, I do think the leadership shift has happened and Disney is starting to realize their issues instead of ignoring them and thinking they can sit on their hands.

There was also a fair amount of talk about changing up the Imagination pavilion since its half empty and needs a major refresh from that JIYI with Figment redo of a redo.

But lets imagine I was in charge and I just leaked the plans for Epcot over the next 8 years. Is it or is it not a good plan for Epcot? My DHS plans for Star Wars and Toy Story were so good Disney bought them off of me.

But lets imagine I was in charge and I just leaked the plans for Epcot over the next 8 years. Is it or is it not a good plan for Epcot? My DHS plans for Star Wars and Toy Story were so good Disney bought them off of me.
It's a good start. Epcot is in so much help that it needs the type of investment DHS is getting at this point.

It's a good start. Epcot is in so much help that it needs the type of investment DHS is getting at this point.

Creativity Frozen (2016) Soarin' Around Trite (2016) Imagination 2.0 (2017) Wonders of Life 2.0 (2018) Universe of Energy Replacement (2021), 40th Anniversary, tickets only $40 (2022), New Country with roller coaster to make up for Mt. Fuji (2023).

See the thing is, I would love to have this ride at DHS...but the window of opportunity for this has definitely passed. If it were to show up now, regardless of how great the ride actually is, it'd get tons of backlash. It should've opened with or around the time of the original IJA at Disneyland.

Eh, about the same backlash they received when adding Mermaid to WDW. It'd just be another ride everyone's been asking for, just 20 years late.