1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Indiana Jones Ride at Disney Hollywood Studios?

Discussion in 'Disney's Hollywood Studios' started by DieHardOrlandoFan751, Mar 8, 2014.

1. UNIrd

UNIrd Premium Member

Yes they were and this was amplified when they released the original ride-through concept as a bonus feature on the 2007 DVD release.

2. deathcab4cutie

deathcab4cutie Member

im a little confused by this OK the small area being but by rock n coaster i though that was built so they could move the cheerleader competitions there but now im hearing its being used for something called club villain so does that mean the show is here to stay for a good while

3. Nick

Nick Staff Member Moderator

Club Villain is only once a weeks (Saturdays) for a few hours and is a upcharge event. No matter how much longer VotLM stays, this new theatre never was a factor in it staying or going.

That specific building will be staying, unlike the buildings next to it which house One Man's Dream and the former Sparrow/Narnie exhibits, which will be bulldozed for better guest-flow.

4. rcoasterdude

rcoasterdude Rookie

Just watched Temple of Doom for the first time, how the hell have they not made he mine cart scene a ride yet? You literally already have a queue idea, The temple thing, and it was literally a roller coaster. The exit could be the rope bridge and it makes you feel like your 500 feet up. If you have the station high up so you can right into the action and not have a lift hill, then end up about 40 feet lower where you get off and a chain lift brings the cars back up to the top. Easily can fit it in the stunt arena area. Would be amazing

5. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Premium Member

You kind of answered your own question. Disney is now very IP driven. You never watched (and it's an excellent movie) Temple of Doom until now. The IP is no longer what is once was, when Disney built Indiana Jones attractions in Disneyland, foreign parks and debuted the Indiana Jones stage show in DHS. The old Disney might have built this. The new Disney is popular IP only. Indy is old news.

6. UK-Trigg

UK-Trigg Veteran Member

Sad, but true.

Edit.

wanted to add a caveat to the rule, Avatar is not a popular IP and they chucked $1bn+ at it,
    I like to call it the Potter effect .

Mad Dog likes this.
  7. Mr. EPCOT

Mr. EPCOT Veteran Member

They almost did. When they were originally planning the Indiana Jones Adventure for Disneyland, it was actually supposed to be two attractions in one: the EMV jeep ride we all know and love today (like Dinosaur at Animal Kingdom), and a runaway mine cart coaster.

Indiana Jones and the Lost Expedition:
    [​IMG]

Joe and scott_walker like this.
  8. UK-Trigg

UK-Trigg Veteran Member

That looks awesome (not seen this concept before) Far better than their feeble effort at DLP.

9. Cheezbat

Cheezbat Veteran Member

Yeah old news. That's why the last movie made tons of cash and now there's plans for another one in two years that'll probably make close to a billion dollars. Indy is still relevant.

10. shiekra38

shiekra38 Veteran Member

The guy she tells you not to worry about:
    [​IMG]

You:
    [​IMG]

Blue, Joel, ChristopherSE and 7 others like this.
  11. Nick

I recently watched Temple of Doom again for the first time in awhile and I thought the exact same thing.

It's a shame Temple of Doom itself isn't half as good as those few scenes. I guarantee i'll get flack for this, but Temple is last if I were to rate the Indy films... yes, behind Crystal Skull.

12. UNIrd

UNIrd Premium Member

The Indy ride at DLP was pretty lame but it was nice to see it represented there in ride form. I'd still take it over the tired stunt show.

Cheezbat likes this.
  13. belloq87

belloq87 Veteran Member

The middle ground between light and shadow...
    If we ever want to see further Indy attractions at WDW, we had better hope that INDY V is not only financially successful, but also warmly received in a way KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL wasn't.

14. Nick

George Lucas isn't going to be involved (after rumors of him being on board) so that's a good thing. Spielburg blamed a lot of the plot holes in Crystal Skull (and the oddities of the movie) on changes that George insisted on making.

15. belloq87

belloq87 Veteran Member

I wouldn't say that he's blamed George (I think he's actually taken care to not throw Lucas under the bus, as they're incredibly close friends), but his comments about CRYSTAL SKULL absolutely say to me that he's aware what the problems with that movie are. Which is a good sign for V.

Nick likes this.
  16. OLSinFLA

OLSinFLA Member

While not ads warmly received as the others, Crystal Skull was still received by mostly positive reviews (78% on RT).

17. Skipper Justin

Skipper Justin Member

The crystal skull version of the ride in Japan was still great as well.

18. belloq87

belloq87 Veteran Member

This is true, but there's absolutely an element of "wanting the movie to be good" influencing those critical reactions based on seeing the film for the first time. I thought it was a good movie when I saw it the first time, too; years later, I don't care for it at all. I think the consensus today is - generally - that it's not great.

Mad Dog likes this.
  19. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Premium Member

I agree. It doesn't hold up to a repeat viewing. And repeat viewings are the real standard of quality, just like in a theme park attraction. Example: I could watch The Godfather, and have, dozens of times, and the movie continues to come across as great.

belloq87 likes this.
  20. belloq87

belloq87 Veteran Member

Absolutely. Or also, you know, the first three Indiana Jones movies, which are endlessly rewatchable. CRYSTAL SKULL is damned by the standards of its own franchise.

Mad Dog likes this.