Indiana Jones Ride at Disney Hollywood Studios? | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Indiana Jones Ride at Disney Hollywood Studios?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I tend to agree, but only because of how much maintenance monorails need. That's where they speed a lot of money. Buying a new fleet would be fairly cheap and would solve a lot of headaches fast.

They could easily use the monorail route and the Monorail stations for a Gondola line to replace it though. Gondolas are much cheaper than monorails and arguably more efficient.
It would be a cheap and cost efficient way to link UOR:North with Site B.

Indy fits better in AK with a South America area, IMO. DHS should get something else.
If DAK were to get Indy, I would want South America to be built with Indy as a Sub-land. I would want South America to still be represented and show parts of it's culture and wildlife, but then get Indy as well.

Yes, but Universal Blvd.'s median was designed extra wide for some type of transport system. A gondola would be perfect. And could be installed with minimal interruption or excessive costs.

I just can't see Uni wanting to use a Gondola system over public roads. More than likely I see a system similar to Airport 'people movers'.

As long as Uni actually freaking air conditions theirs, I'm fine with that
The lack of air conditioning is literally not going to be an issue of any sort on the Skyliner. As i've said before, the Hong Kong and Brazil gondolas - similar climates (if not worse) - don't have air conditioning. WDW is doing this no different than industry standard.

An Indy boat ride? Snore. I dont want a projection boulder chase. You say Studios needs new rides but they are getting several in the next 3 years. AK actually still needs a lot more rides.

Glad they are keeping the studios name for the time being by the way.

An Indy boat ride? Snore. I dont want a projection boulder chase. You say Studios needs new rides but they are getting several in the next 3 years. AK actually still needs a lot more rides.

Glad they are keeping the studios name for the time being by the way.
Yes they are getting 5 need rides by the end of next year - but one of the "new rides" is a replacement, and the TSL rides are low capacity. SWL rides will be great, but the park is gonna be packed and even after getting 5 new rides, only have 9 total.

I agree DAK needs to be fleshed out more absolutely, but that doesn't mean DHS still won't need to be.

Yes they are getting 5 need rides by the end of next year - but one of the "new rides" is a replacement, and the TSL rides are low capacity. SWL rides will be great, but the park is gonna be packed and even after getting 5 new rides, only have 9 total.

I agree DAK needs to be fleshed out more absolutely, but that doesn't mean DHS still won't need to be.

and that's the problem when you neglect your parks for a decade. Both still need 'more' but I see Indy going into AK only because I'm sure Disney wants some reason to go ahead and demo Dinoland (Dinorama to be specific). Not a lot of IPs fit into AK and I'm sure DHS will get more Pixar/Animated film IPs that in no way fit into AK.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
and that's the problem when you neglect your parks for a decade. Both still need 'more' but I see Indy going into AK only because I'm sure Disney wants some reason to go ahead and demo Dinoland (Dinorama to be specific). Not a lot of IPs fit into AK and I'm sure DHS will get more Pixar/Animated film IPs that in no way fit into AK.
We'll see. I think Animation needs to be demoed for expansion next at DHS... which could really just be an expansion of an animation area and put some Pixar/WDAS IPs there.

Reactions: jtsalien
We'll see. I think Animation needs to be demoed for expansion next at DHS... which could really just be an expansion of an animation area and put some Pixar/WDAS IPs there.

After SWL/TSL/Runaway I see AK getting new ROL show and Indy. After that DHS has its 2nd makeover with Animation Courtyard being replaced and Echo Lake revamp to whatever they decide.