Indiana Jones Ride at Disney Hollywood Studios? | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

Indiana Jones Ride at Disney Hollywood Studios?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'd happily take IJ at DHS, even if it is a lesser ride than the option of replacing Dinosaur for a like for like ride.

If this is something similar to Pirates, it doesn't just need to be a boring boat ride. I'm sure it would be easy enough to take that technology and turn it into a flume ride. DHS could use a water ride and would balance the park out nicely.

I personally think the perfect place for an Indy boat ride is the Italian Pavilion in Epcot.

Venice.jpg

"TDO" is favoring the lesser DHS plan.

I hear they are scaling back plans for several projects (MK Theater, Indy, Epcot redo) because of the money pit known as the Monorail.

All of the monorails problems will be solved when the new Mary Poppins movie opens. MAPO 2.o ;)

I'm honestly shocked Disney is considering throwing money at such a dormant IP. Yet we can't move forward on a Coco overlay on Gran Fiesta?

I know there's supposed to be a new movie in 2 years but with Crystal Skull's mixed reception, this could go either way. I love, love the original movies and would love to see it happen, especially as the stunt show is nearing it's 30th anniversary and needs to... not.

Where is the suggestion of them dumping Twilight Zone coming from?

Originally, it was dropped by WDWNT that Tower of Terror in both WDSP and DHS would undergo renovations to remove any trace of the Twilight Zone IP, due to them ending the contract in place.

It's seemed to of grown since then as a rumor, as we should see elements start for the WDSP version by May, if it's true.

Go between them!? Are you crazy?

ScrawnySoreAnchovy-max-1mb.gif

I'm honestly shocked Disney is considering throwing money at such a dormant IP. Yet we can't move forward on a Coco overlay on Gran Fiesta?

I know there's supposed to be a new movie in 2 years but with Crystal Skull's mixed reception, this could go either way. I love, love the original movies and would love to see it happen, especially as the stunt show is nearing it's 30th anniversary and needs to... not.
It's an iconic Action/Adventure IP that perfectly suits a theme park ride/land. That's really all that needs to be said imo.

The question does need to be asked... Is it 100% necessary that Gran Fiesta need an overlay right now? The parks need expansion, not overlays. Doesn't mean the Coco project doesn't get revived at a late time, just saying I personally think there are MUCH bigger needs across WDW right now. Although Coco would fit the pavilion better.

It should be mentioned that DHS, DAK, and Epcot are all fighting for the ride system with strong pitches.

I would be happy with any of them.

Any chance the ride system could be used for the UK Pavillon ride, or is the budget way too low for it

It's an iconic Action/Adventure IP that perfectly suits a theme park ride/land. That's really all that needs to be said imo.

That's all that ever needs to be said. But it isn't the case usually. :lol:

Let's at least try to stick somewhat to the topic guys :lol:

:lol: Sorry. But I think you handled it correctly. Let the conversation take its course and move it when necessary.

That being said. Going down that path means nobody is thrilled with the idea. Hint, hint Disney :ears:

Reactions: Nick
Screw the Monorails. They're a waste of space and resources now. If they must keep them, keep the MK loop and trash the rest of it.

It should NOT eat into the budgets of new attractions that are NEEDED at the busiest theme park resort in the world.

Indy should get a land in DHS. Make it big...make it splashy. That park is so dry and barren and with nine rides it's going to be insane when Star Wars opens. It needs more asap. Give DAK something else exciting. Build a Jungle Book flume ride and a new coaster for Dinoland Or something. Don't just retheme everything. That's the cheap way out.

I can't believe some people here are saying a Indy boat ride using the Shanghai Pirates ride system would be boring. The Shanghai Pirates boat ride is pretty thrilling, the boats can move in all kinds of directions. Shanghai Pirates is 1 of the most expensive rides ever built and in my opinion a highlight in Disney Imagineering. I can't wait for that ride system to come to WDW somewhere.

I can't believe some people here are saying a Indy boat ride using the Shanghai Pirates ride system would be boring. The Shanghai Pirates boat ride is pretty thrilling, the boats can move in all kinds of directions. Shanghai Pirates is 1 of the most expensive rides ever built and in my opinion a highlight in Disney Imagineering. I can't wait for that ride system to come to WDW somewhere.

It’s thrilling compared to regular pirates but is it thrilling compared to IJA?

It’s thrilling compared to regular pirates but is it thrilling compared to IJA?
Personally i'd rather a 2016 ride system than a mid-90's one for IJ. If I want to ride IJA, I can go to Disneyland. I'd rather have a unique IJ ride in WDW. The ride system is the only legit "people-eater" that has been developed in the Iger-era, too. It does close to 3K/hour capacity. Put this in either DAK or DHS and you've majorly helped out with park capacity issues.

Should also be noted that according to @Marni1971, the real fight here is really for which park gets the Shanghai Pirates ride system... it may not even end up using the Indy IP.