Indiana Jones Ride at Disney Hollywood Studios? | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

Indiana Jones Ride at Disney Hollywood Studios?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Personally i'd rather a 2016 ride system than a mid-90's one for IJ. If I want to ride IJA, I can go to Disneyland. I'd rather have a unique IJ ride in WDW. The ride system is the only legit "people-eater" that has been developed in the Iger-era, too. It does close to 3K/hour capacity. Put this in either DAK or DHS and you've majorly helped out with park capacity issues.

Should also be noted that according to @Marni1971, the real fight here is really for which park gets the Shanghai Pirates ride system... it may not even end up using the Indy IP.

You're ignoring the fact the 90s ride system is still cutting edge and a milestone of themed design. A steel coaster is from the mid 20th century and is still more thrilling than a boat that spins.

Reactions: tankart150
Is there something special about the Shanghai Pirates ride system that I'm missing? It's a very impressive ride from what I've seen on YouTube but most of the action is happening outside of the ride system and could be adapted to most ride systems.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
You're ignoring the fact the 90s ride system is still cutting edge and a milestone of themed design. A steel coaster is from the mid 20th century and is still more thrilling than a boat that spins.
That's all well and good and everything, but we already have the ride system in DAK with almost the exact track layout. I'd rather a new experience.

Why clone a ride from the 90's when we have the opportunity to create something new?

That's all well and good and everything, but we already have the ride system in DAK with almost the exact track layout. I'd rather a new experience.

Why clone a ride from the 90's when we have the opportunity to create something new?

This is what puts me off IJ replacing Dinosaur, it's basically the exact same ride which will cost a fortune to transform. I want something new but I don't think the ride system is obsolete because it's from the 90s. There's always room for improvement and all the added effects have came a long way over the past 20 years.

This is what puts me off IJ replacing Dinosaur, it's basically the exact same ride which will cost a fortune to transform. I want something new but I don't think the ride system is obsolete because it's from the 90s. There's always room for improvement and all the added effects have came a long way over the past 20 years.
I don't think it's obsolete either.

My point is, if we're going to get a IJ ride, why waste it on a clone? Let's get our own unique take on the IP.

I don't think it's obsolete either.

My point is, if we're going to get a IJ ride, why waste it on a clone? Let's get our own unique take on the IP.

That’s my first choice also. My dream ride is a flume in DHS with the Shanghai Pirates system. Highly themed with a thrill element and it adds a water ride to DHS which it badly needs.

It also keeps Dinosaur in tact which IMO is the most underrated ride in a Disney.

That’s my first choice also. My dream ride is a flume in DHS with the Shanghai Pirates system. Highly themed with a thrill element and it adds a water ride to DHS which it badly needs.

It also keeps Dinosaur in tact which IMO is the most underrated ride in a Disney.
Yeah, DHS is such a dry park with it not having any lagoons or man-made areas for water in the park other than Echo Lake (which is pretty small). I'm not big on water rides, but I do think that every park should have at least one with how hot the Florida climate is.

Reactions: Cheezbat
Yeah, DHS is such a dry park with it not having any lagoons or man-made areas for water in the park other than Echo Lake (which is pretty small). I'm not big on water rides, but I do think that every park should have at least one with how hot the Florida climate is.

My impression is that if a ride like that goes into DHS, it will take Echo Lake with it. I’m sure @Disneyhead mentioned that that plot of land is prime for expansion.

Reactions: Nick
I think something behind and replacing Animation Courtard should be next or ballanxe put the crowds by completing the outer circle. Wouldn’t that make more sense than replacing something that already works with the theme?
Oh, I totally agree and have been saying the same thing.

I'm very curious what other IP they would use that ride system for. I would love to see a DuckTales version (which it totally won't be).
Jungle Book has been bandied about, but I think that's more fan speculation than anything with substance as of now. I can see it though.

Reactions: Disneyhead