Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 87 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think early 2017 would be pushing it unless they start construction very soon. This isn't transformers where it is a clone and the tech is already there. This is a brand new ride where testing is going to take a good amount of time. Plus they have the demo the site and I would think a stadium would be harder to demo than a building. I just don't see this being constructed that quickly. But we will see. Fallon and F&F are using known and easy tech, but this would be using a new tech for Uni and the other two are already under construction.

The movie looks great, so naturally I'm psyched for a ride.

But a trackless, AA heavy dark ride?

Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

So for anyone that can shed light would this just use the rectangle shape of the theater or also that portion behind comic strip cafe? Also if they do develop toon lagoon into a kidzone type area could that lead to them eventually demoing camp Jurassic for a new ride?

So for anyone that can shed light would this just use the rectangle shape of the theater or also that portion behind comic strip cafe? Also if they do develop toon lagoon into a kidzone type area could that lead to them eventually demoing camp Jurassic for a new ride?

No idea the size/shape of the building. I'd assume it'll be a decent size.

That Camp Jurassic thing would be way way out and would be complete speculation.

I wonder what the facade for this ride will look like... the entire trailer takes place in a Manhattan apartment.

Remember, the ride system would be "known" by the contractor chosen to provide it. Enough of these kinds of rides have been built for the tech to be reliable.

Agreed, the contractor would be known, but it is still new to Uni Creative. So a lot of it is the programming working with the idea. It is not nearly as simple as a clone of Transformers. I would think they would need to start construction ASAP as this seems like the most complex right of the 3 projected to open in 2017 but the only one not under construction.

Status
Not open for further replies.