Hell Week Wait Times | Inside Universal Forums

Hell Week Wait Times

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

UNIrd

V.I.P. Member
Jul 18, 2008
As you know, the theme park industry lovingly refers to the period between Christmas and New Years as Hell Week, when the parks are the most crowded they are all year. So I thought we could discuss some of the ridiculous wait times we'll see posted at the parks.

Toy Story Mania was already 250 minutes a few days back. How high can that 7 year old ride go?

Reactions: SeventyOne
Shrek 4D is currently a 60 minute wait. :shock: The second theater never came back after Horror Nights though, right?

How do they extent the line when it gets that busy? Regular queue only holds about 90 minutes max I think.
I didn't actually go into the line for Manta but I believe they have doors leading into the normally seperate aquarium to extend the line.

Also, keep in mind this was the posted time, not necessarily the actual time.

I didn't actually go into the line for Manta but I believe they have doors leading into the normally seperate aquarium to extend the line.

Also, keep in mind this was the posted time, not necessarily the actual time.

I agree, their posted wait times are quite hit and miss, especially since they often are dreadful at loading their coasters.

Even the extended queues are only 90 when combined? Gringotts looks like 12 hour queue to me! I am not sure I have seen the Transformers extended used.

Yes, 75 minutes (about) wait takes the line to the door of the queue building, then there is a little bit of space between the ride entrance and the queue building. A lot depends though on how well they are loading the coasters and how many trains they are running, but even when they run all three trains the regular queue will only be able to go to 90 minutes.

When I did Gringotts the very first time, the entire outside queue was used and we waited 3h15, of course that was in August last year when they did not run all trains yet. But yes, the Gringotts queue does look like it will take forever, I remember getting in the building and I saw the marble hall to my right and I was like "WOW", then followed the hallways to the outside, saw the extended part of the queue to the right and thought "damn", then I saw the rest of the outside queue and, it was "double damn", from a beautiful marble hall to this ... how sadistic lol, but I did what I normally never do and I waited ...

Sunday morning at Universal:

Minion Mayhem - 125
Escape From Gringotts - 120
The Simpsons Ride - 120
Transformers - 95
Men In Black - 75
Shrek 4D - 60
Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit - 55
Mummy - 35

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
Noon Update:
Hollywood Rip Ride Rocket - 140
Minion Mayhem - 130
Transformers - 125
Escape From Gringotts - 120
The Simpsons Ride - 100
Mummy - 90
Shrek 4D - 60

Even Kang & Kodos is currently posting a 30min wait.

Waits on New Year's Eve are going to be ridiculous. By the way, does anyone know if the Cinematic Spectacular is different in any way for New Year's Eve?

Monday 3pm Update:

Transformers - 180
Minion Mayhem - 160
The Simpsons Ride - 160
Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit - 150
Revenge of the Mummy - 120
E.T. Adventure - 105
Escape From Gringotts - 100
Men In Black - 100
Hogwart's Express - 90
Shrek 4D - 75
Woody Woodpecker - 60

Forbidden Journey - 120
Ripsaw Falls - 120
Jurassic Park - 110
Spiderman - 100
Popeye's - 90
Seuss Trolly - 70
Cat in the Hat - 50
Hogwart's Express - 45

Reactions: SeventyOne
Wow... the waits are insane. Magic Kingdom has three rides over an hour wait. The rest are 5 to 45 minute waits. To me I would never touch uni during any kind of moderate busy time.

When I checked the TP MK app around 3:00 (which is around the Universal times above) almost every headliner was in the one hundred to 2 hundred minute wait time. And they did a first stage park close also. And the DHS attractions were two to four hour waits......Time of day has a lot to do with the waits.

When I checked the TP MK app around 3:00 (which is around the Universal times above) almost every headliner was in the one hundred to 2 hundred minute wait time. And they did a first stage park close also. And the DHS attractions were two to four hour waits......Time of day has a lot to do with the waits.

Agreed. I looked at both parks at 7:30 which is going to show lower waits. However, there was still 6 or 7 rides with 100+ waits at Uni where MK started to have their normal drop in times. I honestly wouldn't go to any of them, but the longer park hours and more rides does help MK out during these insane crowds. Now DHS the waits I imagine got toy Story and the coaster were crazy high. That park doesn't have capacity either.