Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 84 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This is apparently way scarier than jaws, really saying something there. I'm also sure 3D will play a lot with kids too since most parents usually avoid 3D rides for children under 4 or 5

The "ride" she was most ****** off at Disney about was It's Tough To Be A Bug. She just didn't understand why Disney would take a children's movie and make an attraction that terrifies most adults. She even went as far as saying it could be considered child abuse.

You get to hear all kinds of weird **** when you go to the parks solo and you forget your headphones. Just listening to the people around you in the queues is fascinating.
It's Tough To be A Bug really set me the wrong way. I WILL NEVER do that attraction again personally, but in no way shape or form is that Child abuse or any other ride at Disney. That is just.....yeah...

It's Tough To be A Bug really set me the wrong way. I WILL NEVER do that attraction again personally, but in no way shape or form is that Child abuse or any other ride at Disney. That is just.....yeah...
I think stitch is child abuse but to each their own
I know a Bunch of Adults and young teens that were afraid of Jaws and would never ride it again.
that rides visuals are terrifying. To an unexpecting kid, it could be pretty traumatizing seeing that shark just jump out of the water, especially in the boathouse good lord. I saw the movie in kindergarten so it was never too awful to me, but I remember going on the ride for the first time with a bunch of kids, there wasn't a dry eye between any of them

Reactions: SeventyOne
This is apparently way scarier than jaws, really saying something there. I'm also sure 3D will play a lot with kids too since most parents usually avoid 3D rides for children under 4 or 5

Not really. I see many kids on 3D stuff and we never avoided them.

I am seeing from this post I just don't scare easily, so maybe I am not a good judge of what is scary and what my child should or should not ride lol

Reactions: Cole
I think stitch is child abuse but to each their own

that rides visuals are terrifying. To an unexpecting kid, it could be pretty traumatizing seeing that shark just jump out of the water, especially in the boathouse good lord. I saw the movie in kindergarten so it was never too awful to me, but I remember going on the ride for the first time with a bunch of kids, there wasn't a dry eye between any of them
Well i have nothing further to say what theme park attraction is child abuse. I use to watch Lilo and Stitch daily after school wo while the attraction is werid I think Disney shorted him and Lilo big time. They went Sci Fi instead of Hawaii and there is a ton of Sci Fi things that can ne creepy to people in general because it is something in which we are still learning about.

Jaws:
Well you mentioned Kong will be much more scarier than Jaws, could the difference be Jaws wasn't in 3D?
When you have real anamatronics and a skipper and real water a boat etc, your focus and alertness is much higher than doing anything with 3d glasses and a screen or a few. I'm not so sure i would say that kong is more scarier than Jaws. People also fear sharks naturally so you can imagine a ton of people nor being thrilled with a real or fake shark that big and close to the ride lol..

Reactions: universal_fanatic
Well i have nothing further to say what theme park attraction is child abuse. I use to watch Lilo and Stitch daily after school wo while the attraction is werid I think Disney shorted him and Lilo big time. They went Sci Fi instead of Hawaii and there is a ton of Sci Fi things that can ne creepy to people in general because it is something in which we are still learning about.

Jaws:
Well you mentioned Kong will be much more scarier than Jaws, could the difference be Jaws wasn't in 3D?
When you have real anamatronics and a skipper and real water a boat etc, your focus and alertness is much higher than doing anything with 3d glasses and a screen or a few. I'm not so sure i would say that kong is more scarier than Jaws. People also fear sharks naturally so you can imagine a ton of people nor being thrilled with a real or fake shark that big and close to the ride lol..
Alien encounter was by far the scariest attraction ever and that was as sci fi as you can get. it was basically a medieval torture device, locked in a seat through your shoulders as a blood thirsty alien murders people around you. I mean the ride had simulated blood that would splatter on your face!!! Stitch is slightly below the level of AE but no kid should have to go through that, it's traumatising.

But back to topic, Kong has a lot more elements that can put it head and toes scarier than jaws. It's not only going to be only screens either. There will apparently be tons of animatronics and sets too. Jaws was more psychological than anything else, this is gonna be in your face scary. I mean the 2005 Kong is far from a walk in the park. Those natives are terrifying and what's worse than a giant shark? Giant bugs. I've seen grown man wimper over cockroaches and spiders, a giant one that's in your face will be sure to get a reaction out of the bravest souls. I consider the bug pit scene to be one of the eeriest, disgusting, scariest, horrifying and unrelenting scenes in film history. Talk about a watchable nightmare, the fact they are recreating that is....oh hell no lol. But yeah I think Kong will do just fine, 3D and so on

Reactions: Mike S and Mad Dog
But back to topic, Kong has a lot more elements that can put it head and toes scarier than jaws. It's not only going to be only screens either. There will apparently be tons of animatronics and sets too. Jaws was more psychological than anything else, this is gonna be in your face scary. I mean the 2005 Kong is far from a walk in the park. Those natives are terrifying and what's worse than a giant shark? Giant bugs. I've seen grown man wimper over cockroaches and spiders, a giant one that's in your face will be sure to get a reaction out of the bravest souls. I consider the bug pit scene to be one of the eeriest, disgusting, scariest, horrifying and unrelenting scenes in film history. Talk about a watchable nightmare, the fact they are recreating that is....oh hell no lol. But yeah I think Kong will do just fine, 3D and so on

I say...manage your expectations.

I say...manage your expectations.
Oh trust me I am, the there are apparently only three screens including a 360. That shouldn't take up the full 5-6 minutes. Positive there will be 2-3 good ones not including kong, I'm sure there will be a lot of sets too. I'm not putting anything past universal at this point but with the stuff we've heard about so far, a man can dream

Oh trust me I am, the there are apparently only three screens including a 360. That shouldn't take up the full 5-6 minutes. Positive there will be 2-3 good ones not including kong, I'm sure there will be a lot of sets too. I'm not putting anything past universal at this point but with the stuff we've heard about so far, a man can dream
lol, that doesn't sound like managing expectations as much as setting the bar really high :lol:

Alien encounter was by far the scariest attraction ever and that was as sci fi as you can get. it was basically a medieval torture device, locked in a seat through your shoulders as a blood thirsty alien murders people around you. I mean the ride had simulated blood that would splatter on your face!!! Stitch is slightly below the level of AE but no kid should have to go through that, it's traumatising.

I never got a chance to do Alien Encounter but sounds awesome. The old Kong terrified me. The Anamatronic, the fire, the cable car. But it was absolutely the best physical attraction created IMO.

I think we need a balance of attractions like that in theme parks even Disney.

I tell you this too Raptor Encounter freaks me out. I dont like it. Cool concept but something I'll never personally do.

I do hope Kong is intense. I love intensity as far as ride scenes.

Reactions: Cole