Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 83 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
i dont see universal backing down and making it kid friendly thats unlike universal

Oh I don't think they will either. My thing is just they should have put a height restriction on it so parents will research it more. With no height restriction most families will just let their kids go on it without another thought. I would also hope the line itself is family friendly so that kids don't get nightmares from just getting to rider swap. I also think it makes it easier on families to say your not tall enough vs. it is too scary. But that is just me.

And yes, some parents are scared of their own children. I am not. My daughter was not happy this morning when I said no to something. She started having a fit. I told her she can have a fit and get no TV tonight or she can stop having a fit and still get TV. The fit stopped.

there is no way the line is gonna be kid friendly its gotta match the tone of the ride so the queue is probably gonna be scary
]

I'm sorry if you don't know that a ride based on KING KONG is going to be terrifying then there is something wrong with you! It's Kong for god sake not Barney.

I don't think any one is arguing that it's not necessarily for kids.

Yes, agreed. We don't think it is for kids. But you would be amazed at the dumb tourists out there. Also, I went on Kong when I was young and honestly I barely remember it and don't remember being frightened on it. It does sound like the tone of this ride will be more scary than the original ride. So honestly based on the tone of the ride I remember as a kid I might consider taking my brave little daughter on this. Based on what is being said here, I will ride it first without her. So I can see that too. JP is about Dinos and can be scary, yet I see many kids on that, but again, the way people are talking here Kong will be much scarier. So if a child goes on JP with no issues and then the parent takes them on this and gets scared like crazy, does it make that parent stupid?

For people who don't know kong, the first thing that comes to mind with it is the Empire State Building scene and that's pretty much it. Nobody (I know atleast) really talks about skull island, shame too because that's easily the best part. The original King Kong was one of my favorite movies as a kid even though I was scared of it, maybe I was just a weird kid.

To me if there is no height restriction or anybody letting them know this ride will freak you out beforehand, there will definitely be a TON of complaints. Even though it's facade is spooky, it's a theme park. People will go in it knowing what it is or not. Also when the word "scary" is thrown around at a theme park it's usually on how many drops or flips it has, might be a confusion there too. Don't think they'll make it less scary but If it's as scary as people are making it out to be, there can't not be a reaction.

Also if that crazy parent that said tough to be a bug is child abuse is reading this. I will buy you a universal ticket just to see your reaction on kong, I mean it

For people who don't know kong, the first thing that comes to mind with it is the Empire State Building scene and that's pretty much it. Nobody (I know atleast) really talks about skull island, shame too because that's easily the best part. The original King Kong was one of my favorite movies as a kid even though I was scared of it, maybe I was just a weird kid.

To me if there is no height restriction or anybody letting them know this ride will freak you out beforehand, there will definitely be a TON of complaints. Even though it's facade is spooky, it's a theme park. People will go in it knowing what it is or not. Also when the word "scary" is thrown around at a theme park it's usually on how many drops or flips it has, might be a confusion there too. Don't think they'll make it less scary but If it's as scary as people are making it out to be, there can't not be a reaction.

Also if that crazy parent that said tough to be a bug is child abuse is reading this. I will buy you a universal ticket just to see your reaction on kong, I mean it
I think it has already been established that the height restriction is 32" or so.

Reactions: Cole
I think it has already been established that the height restriction is 32" or so.

So basically keeping lap babies off. My not even 1 year old is almost 32". At her 9 month appt she was 29.8", I imagine at her 1 year appt she will be close to 32". So by 18 months she would be more than tall enough to walk on and ride this ride. :lol: Who wants to be with me when I scare the crap out of her? Actually in reality she won't be scared. Kids don't really learn to be scared until around 2 or 2 1/2.

Reactions: Cole