Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 207 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Confused Harry Potter GIF
Hey, we always yell at folks for assuming! I wouldn't get too dismissive of people not accepting that bit of fan conjecture until it's right in front of us.

Reactions: HHN Maddux
I’ve always found it odd Uni didn’t try to leverage one of the HHN icons in a film. Low-budget horror is almost certainly the most reliably profitable film genre (well, it was until 2024 -who knows what’s going on now). Most of the icons are fairly derivative of pre-existing horror trends and characters, of course, but low-budget theatrical release horror isn’t known for its originality. Sinking a Blumhouse budget into a Jack film would seem like a safe bet - very low risk with huge amounts of synergistic upside.

I’ve always found it odd Uni didn’t try to leverage one of the HHN icons in a film. Low-budget horror is almost certainly the most reliably profitable film genre (well, it was until 2024 -who knows what’s going on now). Most of the icons are fairly derivative of pre-existing horror trends and characters, of course, but low-budget theatrical release horror isn’t known for its originality. Sinking a Blumhouse budget into a Jack film would seem like a safe bet - very low risk with huge amounts of synergistic upside.
While in theory I’d love an HHN universe film series, I think the issue would be too many hands in the pot, and leading to HHN taking directions from the film and being forced to recreate scenes seen in the film, instead of creating scenes on their own that are best for a house.

Any guesses on the rest of the week? I'm thinking Museum house Wednesday, B & W Boris house Thursday, and Monstrous Friday.
Legacy seemed to doubt the b&w house, and intimated that people had perhaps previously mistaken a scene in a different house for a b&w Boris one.

It’s also possible that Boris’s storyline is continued or referenced as part of a different house.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I really wouldn't assume Goblin's Feast is going to be campy. And I seem to recall quite a few of the first Slaughter Sinema's scenes having real teeth.

Goblin's Feast giving major Wicked Growth vibes, which was very scary! There was that scene right before the witches' cottage with the goblins that got me every time.

Yeah, I'm not getting campy vibes from Goblin's Feast. As there's a bunch of medieval creatures who would absolutely eat humans, no doubt about it. And the trio of goblins in Wicked Growth were pretty vicious, I was privy to some really good scares thanks to them.

And as for Slaughter Sinema, the first definitely had a nice bite to it, especially at the end where Midnight Snack 2 had a great big puppet scare, and then there's Attack of the Swamp Yeti, where I honestly feel it wouldn't have become the series it has if the first one didn't wreck people left, right and center...which it absolutely did!