Fun Spot Expansion | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

Fun Spot Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
They are awesome indeed, fantastic air time on them.

Nice to see expansion happening in other areas of Orlando, great new rides and it all helps the economy grow too. win win.

I went today for the first time ever! Nice little "huge!" park. White Lightning was amazing! I might post photos from the trip over the course of a few days. I didn't see any construction of the screamin' swing yet. I hope it happens!:happy:

The laser maze sounds like fun, wish they had it when I was a little younger :lol:

S&S screaming swing is coming soon and construction has begun on the Gatorland area. Also, the air raid ride has been removed as apparently they had too much maintenance issues with it.

I was studying the image a little more today and have noticed something interesting. It seems that a lot of the new attractions being added already have counterparts at the Fun Spot Kissimmee location.

This leads me to think that the management team may have decided to close that location and relocate all of its rides to the new location in order to focus their investment into one product. This really is a smart decision for them if they want to become a larger player in the local park industry.

Lastly, in a different interview I read (can't find it atm) they said most of the immediate improvements will be focused on improving the current property. A specific example of a new water feature in the plaza area in front of GatorSpot was given. This is akin to those splash areas where the water shoots out of holes in the ground.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
I was studying the image a little more today and have noticed something interesting. It seems that a lot of the new attractions being added already have counterparts at the Fun Spot Kissimmee location.

This leads me to think that the management team may have decided to close that location and relocate all of its rides to the new location in order to focus their investment into one product. This really is a smart decision for them if they want to become a larger player in the local park industry.

Lastly, in a different interview I read (can't find it atm) they said most of the immediate improvements will be focused on improving the current property. A specific example of a new water feature in the plaza area in front of GatorSpot was given. This is akin to those splash areas where the water shoots out of holes in the ground.
I've been thinking that they should do that for a long time now. They barely invest into the Kissimmee location and the I-Drive location is in a much better location for making money/grabbing tourists. The Kissimmee location is just sort of there and pointless.

Oh! It also looks like the new entrance they built will not be an entrance anymore or maybe its the entrance to the water park. Maybe it's retail space could be re-purposed for a dark ride portion of the log flume ride or just a straight up dark ride.

Sorry about all the posting! So happy to see this places growth and success.

Oh! It also looks like the new entrance they built will not be an entrance anymore or maybe its the entrance to the water park. Maybe it's retail space could be re-purposed for a dark ride portion of the log flume ride or just a straight up dark ride.

Sorry about all the posting! So happy to see this places growth and success.
Yeah, looks like they are extending into the current parking lot and building the parking garage across the way.

I'm not sure why they'd need what looks to be a 4-5 story parking garage though... their surface parking lot is hardly ever full. They must be expecting a severe increase in attendance.

Yeah, looks like they are extending into the current parking lot and building the parking garage across the way.

I'm not sure why they'd need what looks to be a 4-5 story parking garage though... their surface parking lot is hardly ever full. They must be expecting a severe increase in attendance.
It looks like at the new plot of land to the north they plan to build a nightlife complex or mall. That is where I would expect most of the increased attendance to come from, at least at first.

Fun Spot has the potential to be so much. I just wish they'd have less carnival type rides and build more coasters.

And as much as I love White Lightning, coasters a little longer in length would be appreciated too.