Fun Spot Expansion | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

Fun Spot Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hmmm might be two of those in Orlando then?

Oh, and yeah totally a dark ride here by Sally would be boss.
It'd be great to have a Sally DR, but I just don't see Fun Spot going down that path. They haven't shown me any evidence that would suggest they will do something like that.

I've been thinking that they should do that for a long time now. They barely invest into the Kissimmee location and the I-Drive location is in a much better location for making money/grabbing tourists. The Kissimmee location is just sort of there and pointless.
The only problem with that is Kissimmee has the best muti-story go kart track. The big banked drop on Vortex is insane!

Reactions: anihilnation
I think working a deal with Legends, as the haunt leaves Old Town could be a great partnership with Fun Spot. With their classic FL theme, having a walk through Haunt that has an old FL Funeral Home theme would be a blast and it could potentially make it year round.

Last edited:
For not being at a major theme park 600 Per Hour is good, particularly for a coaster with a thrill that caters to not every guest and a height requirement that will not allow every guest to ride.

Reactions: maxairmike
For not being at a major theme park 600 Per Hour is good, particularly for a coaster with a thrill that caters to not every guest and a height requirement that will not allow every guest to ride.
I'm wasnt saying that the capacity isn't appropriate for its targeted clients, just that it's low.

Last edited:
Not directly related to expansion but...

Did you guys know Fun Spot serves Dole Whip at the Orlando park? The best part is you don't need to get an admission ticket to get the non-pineapple flavors as opposed to WDW.

Not directly related to expansion but...

Did you guys know Fun Spot serves Dole Whip at the Orlando park? The best part is you don't need to get an admission ticket to get the non-pineapple flavors as opposed to WDW.
You don't need a park ticket to get one at WDW either... the Poly serves them.

It's nice to know about them serving dole whips there though, didn't know that. :thumbsup:

You don't need a park ticket to get one at WDW either... the Poly serves them.

It's nice to know about them serving dole whips there though, didn't know that. :thumbsup:
That's why I said non-pineapple. They only serve pineapple at the Polynesian: I was fairly disappointed when I was looking for my orange Dole Whip last December.

Last edited:
That's why I said non-pineapple. They only serve pineapple at the Polynesian: I was fairly disappointing when I was looking for my orange Dole Whip last December.
Oh, so they serve Orange here? Yeah, i'm not exactly sure why (maybe to try to increase Citrus Swirl sales?), but Disney stopped selling the Orange Dole when the dole whip switched locations in MK last year.

Oh, so they serve Orange here? Yeah, i'm not exactly sure why (maybe to try to increase Citrus Swirl sales?), but Disney stopped selling the Orange Dole when the dole whip switched locations in MK last year.

Yep, the switch confused me to begin with and then the menu was different at both places. Totally confused me lol But the switch was good, no longer standing out in the sun in those long lines. Was a brilliant idea to switch those two places.

"This is HUGE news not just for us but the city of Kissimmee as this will be the only wooden roller coaster in the southeast United States that will feature a 360 degree barrel roll."

That might actually be terrible news. The Florida weather is already bad for wooden coasters. I worry a loop will not hold up well. I heard Hades 360 is really terrible.

"This is HUGE news not just for us but the city of Kissimmee as this will be the only wooden roller coaster in the southeast United States that will feature a 360 degree barrel roll."

That might actually be terrible news. The Florida weather is already bad for wooden coasters. I worry a loop will not hold up well. I heard Hades 360 is really terrible.
The coaster will not be made out of wood. It will be a steel structure with the track on some wooden platforms, much like White Lightning. That's pretty much how all Wooden Coasters are made today and it's extremely safe.

This isn't Gwazi.