Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 92 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I GUARANTEE there will be a water spray in your face at some point. I mean, it is a Universal attraction
There was a water spray when kong punched a V Rex in 360 and it got me soaked. I bet you the exact same thing will happen in this one

Also to all the soundtrack posts, hell yes!!! The opening song has got to be played in the queue on an antique radio or something. Too good to ignore

Reactions: Mad Dog
Why not? The current figure has been removed and put back at least twice in the last five years.

Badly worded by me but I'm sure the foundation has cracked and that's the bigger issue. I think the Yeti can be replaced but it might make things worse. I think the current plan is to get Avatar opened and then shut the ride for a couple of months. I'm sure the people at Disney have a solution but seeing as Everest is the only big ride at AK and most people don't realise it's broke, they can't really afford to have it down for any length of time.

Badly worded by me but I'm sure the foundation has cracked and that's the bigger issue. I think the Yeti can be replaced but it might make things worse. I think the current plan is to get Avatar opened and then shut the ride for a couple of months. I'm sure the people at Disney have a solution but seeing as Everest is the only big ride at AK and most people don't realise it's broke, they can't really afford to have it down for any length of time.

As of 2 1/2 years ago they did not have a solution or at least an easy one. But I do agree, they have no desire to close a ride that 95% of the people have no clue there is anything wrong in a park that needs rides.

But I thought it was only the concrete base that was cracking...
This is what I had heard too. The AA can't move without high risk of further damaging the foundation, and it can't be taken apart or removed without removing part of the attraction facade which would also likely further damage the foundation.

This is what I had heard too. The AA can't move without high risk of further damaging the foundation, and it can't be taken apart or removed without removing part of the attraction facade which would also likely further damage the foundation.

This is super easy to fix. Build an AA that doesn't require the "force of a 747 jet" to move. Boom. Problem solved.

That was such a boneheaded decision in the first place.

I have been thinking/wondering about the trees and plants they might put on the ride path.

One that comes to mind is Chorisia speciosa. The problem I see is the gorgious flowers that bloom in late spring. The trunk and limbs look like this:

3394676585_d357f51c23_b.jpg

Another is the more rare black timber bamboo...

Black-asper-2.jpg

which I have only seen planted in one 4' square location in Animal Kingdom's Asia. It is very austere.

Reactions: Stitchie