Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 109 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm including this question here because it seems directly related to the Kong project: Has anybody heard anything semi-definitive about if/when/where the Jurassic Park entry gate will re-appear?

Reactions: Ryno27
Well well, I learned as recently as three thursdays ago of yet another effect that will happen on this attraction. It sounds potentially great and possibly very unnerving and upsetting to some guests. I sure hope it works well despite the fact that I would never have thought of it. Brilliant idea.

Of course I am not going to say what it is. I am just further supporting the idea that they are putting the boots to this attraction beyond what any of us expect.
So much for that budget cut junk we were hearing. Seems like this attraction is getting plussed constantly. It's a positive sign if they've been altering some aspects of the original thoughts so that the attraction has a bigger bang.:thumbsup:

Reactions: Ryno27
Hey guys, i'm more of a twitter guy myself but once in a while I post on here. (I can't remember my old password to my other account so I had to make this new one) anyway last night I was leaving IOA and around 7:15 as every attraction was closed audio that did not sound familiar to me was playing. I could be wrong, but this to me sounds like testing for the new Island. It was playing from the middle of JP River Adventure up to the entrance of Reign Of Kong. Let me know if Im just going crazy or if I caught what I think I did.

...the sounds..they do sound new..and badass. It does not seem though to be using the James Newton Howard music though, but..it still sounds badass.

Either way, its great to see your face pop up here, so welcome!
That music only needs to play in the ride vehicle as we go to the gate ;)

Well well, I learned as recently as three thursdays ago of yet another effect that will happen on this attraction. It sounds potentially great and possibly very unnerving and upsetting to some guests. I sure hope it works well despite the fact that I would never have thought of it. Brilliant idea.

Of course I am not going to say what it is. I am just further supporting the idea that they are putting the boots to this attraction beyond what any of us expect.
Unnerving and upsetting?

You heard it here first folks, one unlucky guest is getting eaten by worms.

I don't believe it ever will. Sorry.

Well that kind of sucks. I don't know how they can justify not putting it back, as it's pretty iconic. Either it's a money issue, or (for some reason) they want to keep the transition from Skull Island to Jurassic Park as murky and undefined as possible.

I know the other gates are still up, but I never enter JP from that side!

Reactions: Ryno27 and Mike S
^ The torches on the kong entrance are supposed to be an homage to the old JP gate flames. That was the argument in UC meetings as I understand it.

I know you're just reporting what you've heard, but that's a pretty weak argument! If they're worried about torch redundancy (i.e. two big torch/flame displays very close to each other), they shouldn't be! You can't have too many flames!

It's just not going to feel right walking into Jurassic Park without that triumphant John Williams fanfare blasting out of the gate speakers, but oh well. Such is life.

I think the score is the music that plays in camp Jurassic normally but good ear. I'm sure we'll get a soundtrack similar to it, hopefully more orchestrated

The only argument as I understand it was for torches on the Kong entrance. From the minute the gate was removed, there was no intention of replacing it and no intention of torches on the Kong entrance. OK? Someone wanted torches late in the game it seems and was willing to argue anything to get them.

Understood, and I don't doubt you. The whole thing, however, just sounds very odd to me. Will this make JP the only land in the park to not have entrance iconography at both sides? I’m trying to think of all the others off the top of my head, and I can’t think of any that are lacking. But I guess this really isn't a discussion for this thread, either.