Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion | Page 20 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Parody I'm fine with....

The stalking and killing an elected / potential elected official on the other hand (and a woman, at that....)
Your ok with real politics (which in the past has created controversy) but not okay with fictional politics (which hasn't really had any issues the past two years)?

Your ok with real politics (which in the past has created controversy) but not okay with fictional politics (which hasn't really had any issues the past two years)?
Yes.
I can't speak on the controversy because I honestly do not remember Bill & Ted from any of the Election Years I have attended ('04,'08,'12).

I'm ok with "Real politics" for the sake of Parody. AKA poking fun at the system and wacky candidates.
I'm not ok with a real world / life like "fictional politics" haunted house featuring a main character (modeled after Hilary Clinton, clearly) where she is attempted to be stalked/killed during election.

There's a big difference between a joke about Hilary Clinton and her desperation for the Youth Vote and a haunted house where your main character is Hilary Clinton trying to escape assassination.

On the whole I try to follow the rule of two: You don't talk about Religion or Politics.

Yes.
I can't speak on the controversy because I honestly do not remember Bill & Ted from any of the Election Years I have attended ('04,'08,'12).

I'm ok with "Real politics" for the sake of Parody. AKA poking fun at the system and wacky candidates.
I'm not ok with a real world / life like "fictional politics" haunted house featuring a main character (modeled after Hilary Clinton, clearly) where she is attempted to be stalked/killed during election.

There's a big difference between a joke about Hilary Clinton and her desperation for the Youth Vote and a haunted house where your main character is Hilary Clinton trying to escape assassination.

On the whole I try to follow the rule of two: You don't talk about Religion or Politics.
I honestly don't see a parallel between the purge and real politics and I especially don't see anything in common with the character shown in the trailer and Hillary Clinton except I guess they're both female. The purge is fiction, it's no different than if they did something based on the Hunger Games. It has a hint of an alternate type of real world which is what makes it work for HHN.

Did you watch the trailer? This has nothing to do with today's politics or Hillary Clinton. So why in the world would anyone have an issue with this. It is a totally fictional world.

I will slightly agree with Fatality here. Hear me out on this:

Making fun of political leaders already got some heat from B&T in 2008 and 2012. Now imagine the central plot of the house is killing a political leader? Regardless of how fictionalized it is, people will find a way to complain about something. Universal could have Purge, but not have focus on an assassination attempt to a person who could draw comparisons to a Hilary-type.

I honestly don't see a parallel between the purge and real politics and I especially don't see anything in common with the character shown in the trailer and Hillary Clinton except I guess they're both female. The purge is fiction, it's no different than if they did something based on the Hunger Games. It has a hint of an alternate type of real world which is what makes it work for HHN.
Did you watch the trailer? This has nothing to do with today's politics or Hillary Clinton. So why in the world would anyone have an issue with this. It is a totally fictional world.
The Purge: Election Year, coming out in 2016 featuring STRONG themes of income inequalty and a female Senator with a bad short hair cut running for president has "nothing to do with today's politics?"

I love The Purge concept as a haunted house or scarezone. The way HHN Hollywood uses it to open the parks is still one of my favorite HHN experiences. I don't want them to add politics to it.

Politics aside the movie looks great. I like the purge francise a lot because it finds a new topic to tackle on an overall concept every single film. They can go on forever just by looking into another perspective. Very creative and thought provoking stuff. I feel if the movie has scenes that would fit a house or scare zone, I wouldn't mind seeing it come back. I doubt it will because they weren't planning on touching it last year until hell broke loose, but hey it could be worse, could be walking dead lol

The Purge: Election Year, coming out in 2016 featuring STRONG themes of income inequalty and a female Senator with a bad short hair cut running for president has "nothing to do with today's politics?"

I love The Purge concept as a haunted house or scarezone. The way HHN Hollywood uses it to open the parks is still one of my favorite HHN experiences. I don't want them to add politics to it.
Well I don't really see it like I said unless your only looking at Clinton and this character on the surface and not who they are.

In any case even if you do decide to draw that comparison I don't see it in a negative light. She's being portrayed in a positive manner as someone who's trying to change the system for the better. Her opponents are clearly using perfectly legal means of eliminating their political rival.

Well I don't really see it like I said unless your only looking at Clinton and this character on the surface and not who they are.

In any case even if you do decide to draw that comparison I don't see it in a negative light. She's being portrayed in a positive manner as someone who's trying to change the system for the better. Her opponents are clearly using perfectly legal means of eliminating their political rival.
Why make it (more) political when it doesn't need to be?

People complain about EVERYTHING nowadays, including sexual content in a haunted house that takes place in a STRIP CLUB named the Titty Twister.

HHN Hollywood permanently canceled Bill & Ted closed because of complaints about a gay joke, written by a gay man, performed by a gay actor.

The last thing Comcast/NBC Universal wants I bet is phone calls about a Haunted House featuring the Killing of a Female, Elected Official.

Just, no.

Why make it (more) political when it doesn't need to be?

People complain about EVERYTHING nowadays, including sexual content in a haunted house that takes place in a STRIP CLUB named the Titty Twister.

HHN Hollywood permanently canceled Bill & Ted closed because of complaints about a gay joke, written by a gay man, performed by a gay actor.

The last thing Comcast/NBC Universal wants I bet is phone calls about a Haunted House featuring the Killing of a Female, Elected Official.

Just, no.
So your complaining about this and then pointing out other instances where the creativity of HHN was curbed due to complaints? I'm not sure I understand what side your on here.

More importantly if this movie has the issue your talking about the bigger controversy will be over the film itself. I still don't see it though. Like @BriMan said I get the point your making to a degree but I think it's being blown way out of proportion. Regardless in an HHN house or scare zone environment they will be looking to replicate the atmosphere and environments more so than this specific character.

So your complaining about this and then pointing out other instances where the creativity of HHN was curbed due to complaints? I'm not sure I understand what side your on here.

More importantly if this movie has the issue your talking about the bigger controversy will be over the film itself. I still don't see it though. Like @BriMan said I get the point your making to a degree but I think it's being blown way out of proportion. Regardless in an HHN house or scare zone environment they will be looking to replicate the atmosphere and environments more so than this specific character.
65402-zoolander-crazy-pills-gif-6laR.gif

I mentioned the controversy because if strippers in a strip club could cause complaints then 100% this would cause a firestorm.

Why add politics when you do not need to add politics to make it successful?
Why create a headache/problem when it is unnecessary?

Either way you spin it (if she's the heroine/star, its an endorsement, if you have her killed, political commentary), it would be a nightmare.

HHN is an escape from reality, why why why why why why why why why why would you add an OVERTLY Political spin?

Reactions: Legacy
65402-zoolander-crazy-pills-gif-6laR.gif

I mentioned the controversy because if strippers in a strip club could cause complaints then 100% this would cause a firestorm.

Why add politics when you do not need to add politics to make it successful?
Why create a headache/problem when it is unnecessary?

Either way you spin it (if she's the heroine/star, its an endorsement, if you have her killed, political commentary), it would be a nightmare.

HHN is an escape from reality, why why why why why why why why why why would you add an OVERTLY Political spin?
Yeah if the purge bothers you for political reasons I can accept that, but I don't think they should not persue it based on that. I don't see any issues with this being a controversy amongst the general public.

Yeah if the purge bothers you for political reasons I can accept that, but I don't think they should not persue it based on that. I don't see any issues with this being a controversy amongst the general public.

What he's saying is bring on the Purge, do not make the storyline of the IP at HHN be killing/protecting a leader.

What he's saying is bring on the Purge, do not make the storyline of the IP at HHN be killing/protecting a leader.
Yeah I get what he's saying I just think it's a non issue. First of all as a house or scare zone specifics like that aren't really spelled out even in the cases of iconic characters, secondly I guess we disagree on the level of controversy this would create. I think if Universal decides to go with this storyline I don't think they will be concerned with it causing a problem.

With "The Purge"..it feels more to me, that they may as well take it all out in a original story. Use some of the environments from all three, but don't just focus on one of the three.

In essence; that's how I am thinking that Orlando would Handle a real Purge house, and somewhat the same for Hollywood in that manner. Just use the best aspects of the three films, and work with that to bring something terrifying.

The purge definitely worked better as a scare zone, but I think I would like to see both and in the same area. It's a great opportunity for the house and scare zone to work together. The purge could be going on outside and the house could represent your attempt to escape or avoid it.

Reactions: Cole
The purge definitely worked better as a scare zone, but I think I would like to see both and in the same area. It's a great opportunity for the house and scare zone to work together. The purge could be going on outside and the house could represent your attempt to escape or avoid it.
Neat idea, wonder what area would fit that best with the house location. Probably kidzone. Also that's another reason why I wouldn't mind the purge returning. It didn't get a fair shot last year whatsoever, just a last minute overlay. If creative took the time, watched the films and said "alright this is the purge and nothing but the purge", it would probably be a million times better than the last house. I'm down

Reactions: s8film40
Neat idea, wonder what area would fit that best with the house location. Probably kidzone. Also that's another reason why I wouldn't mind the purge returning. It didn't get a fair shot last year whatsoever, just a last minute overlay. If creative took the time, watched the films and said "alright this is the purge and nothing but the purge", it would probably be a million times better than the last house. I'm down

Well Purge gets a pass from last year. :lol: I don't blame them.

Reactions: Cole