Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 56 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So how much space is allocated to expansion pads for VB?

I wouldn't imagine there would be much room to expand, water parks that I'm familiar with don't tend to expand beyond their perimeter and between the I4, Turkey Lake and Cabana Bay to the north I don't see much of an option for them to get around this.

Have we discussed the how/why of getting to and from the park?

My understanding is that the parking garages will be used and then a sort of odd down and under routing will put people on shuttle buses to Volcano Bay.

I'm curious if we have any details on how this will work logistically and if we have any insight into any changes in guest areas to make it work. I assume all guests will still go to the main hub of the two garages (how else would they use both of them?) but then how do we get them to the lower level? Utilizing the bus drop off area seems... already overcrowded. I dont think those escalators and lone elevator could handle the traffic going to/from the park. They barely handle Cabana Bay guests.

My understanding is that the parking garages will be used and then a sort of odd down and under routing will put people on shuttle buses to Volcano Bay.

I'm curious if we have any details on how this will work logistically and if we have any insight into any changes in guest areas to make it work. I assume all guests will still go to the main hub of the two garages (how else would they use both of them?) but then how do we get them to the lower level? Utilizing the bus drop off area seems... already overcrowded. I dont think those escalators and lone elevator could handle the traffic going to/from the park. They barely handle Cabana Bay guests.
There's a few lengthy discussions on that scattered throughout this thread.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn

Basically, you board a tram from the bottom floor of the South Garage that travels on a new backstage road, which goes behind Royal Pacific and Saphirre Falls towards Cabana Bay. From there, you walk under a pedestrian tunnel to reach Volcano Bay. There is an image that has permits overlayed on it back in the thread that shows the new construction.

Last edited:
Thought I best sign up here, I check every day for news, anyway this is the latest I could find since the last construction update photo. Living in the UK tests my patience, if I lived in Orlando I would want to stop by everyday just too have a look! :lol:

Reactions: Mike S and Ryan
Am I the only person concerned that they have A LOT of work to do if they are planning on opening in approx 1 year's time from now?

As a frame of reference this was Kong in April 2015 (1 year ago!!!)

IMG_6028.JPG

The parking garage and Cabana bay drop off and pick up area are seperate entities. The parking garage is huge and has many elevators and escalators. Also I expect the booth person will ask what you are visiting. They could send you on a different route (just like handicapt parking). To my knowladge ground level of the parking garage is hardly ever filled. It'll work out fine.

Am I the only person concerned that they have A LOT of work to do if they are planning on opening in approx 1 year's time from now?

As a frame of reference this was Kong in April 2015 (1 year ago!!!)

IMG_6028.JPG

Volcano Bay, at the end of it all, has tried-and-true tech behind the slides and attractions. Water slides are insanely quick and easy to install, so the theming really is the only challenge here. Kong, on the other hand, is massively technically-advanced.

Volcano Bay, at the end of it all, has tried-and-true tech behind the slides and attractions. Water slides are insanely quick and easy to install, so the theming really is the only challenge here. Kong, on the other hand, is massively technically-advanced.

Oh I totally agree that we aren't comparing apples with apples here with Kong and VB but from a sheer construction point of view there is a LOT of work to be done to that volcano in a relatively short space of time. But hey, this is Uni after all, they've been known to bend time with construction times before.

Oh I totally agree that we aren't comparing apples with apples here with Kong and VB but from a sheer construction point of view there is a LOT of work to be done to that volcano in a relatively short space of time. But hey, this is Uni after all, they've been known to bend time with construction times before.

I'm willing to bet that once Sapphire Falls is done you'll see some rapid progression on the VB site.

Kong needed the building ready to start the inside work which was complex. VB doesn't need a building up quickly to start inside stuff as all of this is very simple stuff. There is no months of running the ride need here like they need for Kong. Slide goes up, water goes down, no leaks, maybe send some test dummies down, and done. So the last 5 months is much different for VB than it was for Kong. So the construction progress would be at different places.

The one thing that picture does show me is I don't think there is any way F&F opens in 2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.