Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was my first thought long before I reported the location and icon here.

I can picture all the disappointed kids faces travelling to Disney down the I4 passing by.

I've never really being able to visualise the height of the volcano until now. It will be about twice the size of the Blizzard Beach mountain. Could a world record breaing slide be on the cards?

http://www.waterslidedatabase.com/worlds-tallest

I can picture all the disappointed kids faces travelling to Disney down the I4 passing by.

I've never really being able to visualise the height of the volcano until now. It will be about twice the size of the Blizzard Beach mountain. Could a world record breaing slide be on the cards?

http://www.waterslidedatabase.com/worlds-tallest

The majority fly in and won't pass this. So it is just people driving down.

One of the biggest holiday operators in the UK, Thomson fly into Sanford but you're right.
From Sanford you'd take the 417 all the way to Disney too, avoiding the I4 chaos in rush hour as you arrive late afternoon

From Sanford you'd take the 417 all the way to Disney too, avoiding the I4 chaos in rush hour as you arrive late afternoon

I don't think I've ever been caught in rush hour driving down the I4. Once I was on a flight with the most miserable looking family of 4. My wife and I managed to drive from Sanford to our hotel, check in, unpack and then head out for the night. As we're heading out we see the family arrive in a mustang. 2 teenage kids squashed into the back with suitcases on their laps, the wife shouting at the dad for getting such an impractical car and the dad looked close to tears, probably thinking he was going to live out some muscle car fantasy. It was one of the sadest things I had ever seen. I'm guessing they may have got caught in rush hour.

I know there are people who go to Adventure Island waterpark in Tampa looking for "Harry Potter Land", so never underestimate the stupidity of guests.
Yep. This is actually incredibly common and AI loves those guests bc once they're there, most people don't leave. I only worked there for a summer, but it was incredible the stupidity you come across.

Yep. This is actually incredibly common and AI loves those guests bc once they're there, most people don't leave. I only worked there for a summer, but it was incredible the stupidity you come across.
I sure have to admire you and defer to you for your park experience. You seemed to have worked just about every park in the area. It must give you a really good comparative inside look concerning what works & what doesn't. :thumbsup:

I sure have to admire you and defer to you for your park experience. You seemed to have worked just about every park in the area. It must give you a really good comparative inside look concerning what works & what doesn't. :thumbsup:
Haha, unfortunately it's just been jobs to get by in college and mostly short term. It is interesting having had all of the experiences though. I worked at Uni when i moved here for school, got hired as a scareactor HHN 22, then went on to work events for a good while (which is where most of my experience with them comes in bc you do so many things). I then moved back to Tampa, worked HOS 2013 and then transferred to Adventure Island for 2014. Finally, I did the DCP last spring.

The only major parks I haven't worked at are the 3 SW locations in Orlando and DAK. :lol:

I don't think I've ever been caught in rush hour driving down the I4. Once I was on a flight with the most miserable looking family of 4. My wife and I managed to drive from Sanford to our hotel, check in, unpack and then head out for the night. As we're heading out we see the family arrive in a mustang. 2 teenage kids squashed into the back with suitcases on their laps, the wife shouting at the dad for getting such an impractical car and the dad looked close to tears, probably thinking he was going to live out some muscle car fantasy. It was one of the sadest things I had ever seen. I'm guessing they may have got caught in rush hour.
lol a Family in a Mustang doesn't work!

But yeah, I've been caught on some nasty I4 Traffic, especially when they had the reduced speed limits for the works a couple of years ago.

I'm assuming there will be delays with the new I4 project kicking off.

Are there any plans to extend the waterway for the water taxis over to VB or is that impossible with Cabana Bay slightly in the way?

No, Sapphire Falls blocks it, although you could take the boat to Sapphire, and then walk under the tunnel they are building under the I-4 ramps to the park (Same place the parking garage trams will take you to -- there was a document showing those plans, it basically ran along a new tram only road right along the edge of I-4 and taking a bit of the south garage entrance plaza road as well)

Tunnel.jpg

This kinda shows it, although the tram road may be slightly off, I think some of the pond that's there now will be pumped away once the waterway is open on the other side of sapphire. The side closest to the road, so the tunnel position may be a little off.

Last edited:
in general i could care less about a logo, this doesnt jump off the page as being good, however people who are critical shouldnt be challenged to make a better logo, thats ridiculous

Good thing Disney doesn't have a park in Orlando with the word "Adventure" in the title. :look: That would only add to the confusion.
I think one of the Disney insider's new name possibilities for Disney Hollywood Studios had "Adventure" in the park name. Hope it doesn't happen. That would really confuse tourists.

I know there are people who go to Adventure Island waterpark in Tampa looking for "Harry Potter Land", so never underestimate the stupidity of guests.
Lol ... true, I once read a review of someone on trip advisor, they were mad at Busch Gardens, because they had bought a combo ticket that included Adventure Island, but went they wsent to Islands of Adventure it was not valid :)

Status
Not open for further replies.