Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 57 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Transformers is a clone. F&F is not. They are still at demo phase, compared to where Kong was at this time seems like it may be a stretch.

Transformers being a clone is largely irrelevant. F&F is a similar kind of attraction. It's a giant box with screens in it. It doesn't require the façade work Kong did, and doesn't have the large scale AAs that Kong does. F&F will take longer than TF, but it's still not 24 odd months away.

And they're drilling for foundation pylons already, so they've moved past demolition. As far as I understand it, F&F has always been a Fall 2017 attraction. I don't see any reason why we shouldn't believe that's still the case.

Transformers being a clone is largely irrelevant. F&F is a similar kind of attraction. It's a giant box with screens in it. It doesn't require the façade work Kong did, and doesn't have the large scale AAs that Kong does. F&F will take longer than TF, but it's still not 24 odd months away.

And they're drilling for foundation pylons already, so they've moved past demolition. As far as I understand it, F&F has always been a Fall 2017 attraction. I don't see any reason why we shouldn't believe that's still the case.

I think F&F is comparable to Kong in terms of what's involved but you're spot on. Fall 2017 is less than 20months so I don't see any reason it's not on schedule to open within that time.

Even if it slips to early 2018, it's not neseccerarly a bad thing with Volcano Bay and Fallon all on the way.

I honestly can't see how that's the case. There's no façade work needed, it's not a new ride system (unless they've changed it), and no animatronics.

Heck, the queue isn't even as indepth, from what we've been shown.

I mean that it's not a clone of another ride and is a plus' version of the HollyWood team tour segment.

Maybe I am wrong. At least they started building it. I didn't realize that one. I was thinking really early 2018 if it slipped. But I guess you are right with the outside not being so complex. If the inside is not as complex either, why is it so freaking big?!? I think that is the part that gets me, that is a lot of real estate for one ride.

Maybe I am wrong. At least they started building it. I didn't realize that one. I was thinking really early 2018 if it slipped. But I guess you are right with the outside not being so complex. If the inside is not as complex either, why is it so freaking big?!? I think that is the part that gets me, that is a lot of real estate for one ride.

I mean, maybe all we've heard is wrong and it's something completely different! That's the fun of this. But assuming the rumors are true, I'm guessing the size just comes from the vehicles+the big 360 screens

56 pages for a yes or no question in a fairly inactive (compared to the rest of the board) thread shouldn't annoy you guys so much. Not everyone has the time to keep track of all of this.
I'm not annoyed...I just think its funny because Teebin has literally mentioned this about 10 times throughout this thread.

Reactions: Mad Dog
The parking garage and Cabana bay drop off and pick up area are seperate entities. The parking garage is huge and has many elevators and escalators. Also I expect the booth person will ask what you are visiting. They could send you on a different route (just like handicapt parking). To my knowladge ground level of the parking garage is hardly ever filled. It'll work out fine.

Yeah, I mean they route you a different way for preffered as well. I recall before IOA/City Walk, you could go to the Hard Rock (restaurant) for lunch w/o paying to park for the Studios.

With the parking garages, I could see them blocking off escalator service to the ground floor. I would imagine they could charge a different parking rate for VB by having the ground floor isolated from the rest of the garage so that guest parking on the ground floor would only have access to the tram that will take them to the VB drop off with no (easy) way to get to the third floor for the parks/city walk

I can't wait to see the volcano start to take shape! I expect the steel structure will start to go up pretty fast once they get on a roll with it all. Looks like drones and good quality cameras are quite useful for this sort of spying, hard to hide this sites construction in general though given its location and surroundings. At the very least we should get to see a lot of progress with the construction throughout the project.

Reactions: Mad Dog and Mike S
So we have one runout pool for slide exits done, and looks like another one close to being finished. Wonder if we might start seeing steel supports for slides go up for the start of the ones with the completed runout pool within a month or two?

Are the dirt piles at the site getting larger? I feel like they're getting larger - like mini mountains in their own right.
They're building the 7 hills of ancient Rome. Eruption of Mt. Vesuvius. Although that would be one really long lava flow since Rome is pretty far away. Gladiator battles along the Lazy River. Invasion of the Disney Goths tribe (Mickey's dressed in black with lots of earrings).....I must have eaten too many of those funny mushrooms today. :lol:

I can't wait to see the volcano start to take shape! I expect the steel structure will start to go up pretty fast once they get on a roll with it all. Looks like drones and good quality cameras are quite useful for this sort of spying, hard to hide this sites construction in general though given its location and surroundings. At the very least we should get to see a lot of progress with the construction throughout the project.

With Cabana Bay so close as well, there should be some good views although the towers might block the view when construction really starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.