Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 59 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It becomes apparent to me that neither bizjour or that video guy hangs out on this website much if at all. I told everyone the basics on VB two years ago. The other minute details have been known for months. :look:

I just turn the sound down on the narration and take in the pictures. Can't have enough pictures.

To be honest I'm not really bothered about what he is saying, I live in the UK and won't be making any visits to have a glance at progress :lol:, so any visual update anyone provides is greatly appreciated!

Anyway another video for anyone that has not seen this (This is much better video footage in general):

Last edited:
I have very very little knowledge of waterparks and their features, but can someone give an educated opinion on whether or not the wave pool structure looks as if it is going to produce small choppy waves or a wave similar to blizzard beach. I loved (Edit: Typhoon Lagoon) wave pool but cant stand the other types with crappy choppy waves.

Last edited:
I have very very little knowledge of waterparks and their features, but can someone give an educated opinion on whether or not the wave pool structure looks as if it is going to produce small choppy waves or a wave similar to blizzard beach. I loved blizzard beach's wave pool but cant stand the other types with crappy choppy waves.

You mean Typhoon Lagoon?

I'd love to see Universal have the tallest water slide and biggest wave pool records when VB opens.

You mean Typhoon Lagoon?

I'd love to see Universal have the tallest water slide and biggest wave pool records when VB opens.

Yeah me too, whoops, considering I went last October and it was my favorite part of my holiday I should have got that correct! :lol: The wave pool was fantastic, we have nothing like that in the uk other than the sea...

VB's wave system should be something new and have omni-directional waves.

Can you expand on what Omni directional waves are because typing that into google returns info about radio communication. If possible do you have a link to any info I could read etc?

Reactions: Scott W.
Can you expand on what Omni directional waves are because typing that into google returns info about radio communication. If possible do you have a link to any info I could read etc?

Instead of waves travelling from the rear of a wavepool towards the shore, waves could be sent in various durections, or possibly outwards concentrically from a central point.

VB's wave system should be something new and have omni-directional waves.
Instead of waves travelling from the rear of a wavepool towards the shore, waves could be sent in various durections, or possibly outwards concentrically from a central point.

Thanks for the response, sounds like it would create more of a 'rough sea' effect rather than breaking waves like Typhoon Lagoon or Siam Park wave pool that you could surf. If that was the case I would be pretty disappointed but thats just my own personal preference on wave pools.

Edit: So did a bit more digging and I'm presuming the following patents discussed in this article from 2012 are what you guys are talking about? From what info is in there maybe I was wrong to presume the type of waves that may be generated if they were to use this type of wave pool, sounds like they could make any wave they wanted with it.

Universal Patents New Water Park Technologies - ParkRumors.com

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.