Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
While like I previously said I think ET stands up very well on it's own nostalgia aside I don't think the nostalgia factor should be dismissed. Truly excellent attractions much like movies or books over time become classics. Nostalgia and in turn the rides status as a classic is a very valid reason not to replace it. Look at things like It's a Small World and Peter Pan, these are some of Disney's most popular rides. Even with large throughput they can still be some of the longest waits in the park. Those rides if built today would be a disastrous joke of an attraction. I think ET falls somewhere in the middle here. From an attraction point of view it's far better than older rides like many of the Disney classics, this is then combined with the nostalgia factor.

I think Universal is near perfect at this point. I don't think I'd change anything.

I think that's the plan. Get both parks in near perfect condition as possible and then have a few years drought while the 3rd gate is under construction.

Although I can't see Universal having a drought of new rides with the way they're adding just now.

I think Universal is near perfect at this point. I don't think I'd change anything.

It's getting there, but USF still needs to replace KidZone. It's a section of the park dedicated to small children featuring characters that were popular in the 90s. Kids these days are not into Woody Woodpecker, Fievel, Barney and Curious George. Fear Factor and Shrek are up for replacements as well. IOA still needs to figure out what they're doing with LC and if they want to keep Toon Lagoon as well.

While like I previously said I think ET stands up very well on it's own nostalgia aside I don't think the nostalgia factor should be dismissed. Truly excellent attractions much like movies or books over time become classics. Nostalgia and in turn the rides status as a classic is a very valid reason not to replace it. Look at things like It's a Small World and Peter Pan, these are some of Disney's most popular rides. Even with large throughput they can still be some of the longest waits in the park. Those rides if built today would be a disastrous joke of an attraction. I think ET falls somewhere in the middle here. From an attraction point of view it's far better than older rides like many of the Disney classics, this is then combined with the nostalgia factor.

I agree other than Small World line is not that long :) But seriously, it is a very popular ride and kids freaking love it. I am not a fan of it, but my kid drags me on it every single time. :)

I checked into this and it appears at best a 50%/50% possibility. I wouldn't let your brain's get rattled just yet. I know nothing more than this or why it has come up for consideration.

Shrek has been sorta revived after he was turned into a joke online.
Fear Factor is cool, but it's constantly closed.
I love Terminator, it's just cool to see the T-1000
Suess Landing is constantly crowded so they're doing something right.
The Toon Lagoon theater is usually empty so yeah.
But as crappy as some attractions are (Shrek, and the Majority of the Kidzone), they are still enjoyable to a degree.
I do get the idea of change though. I trust Comcast with Universal for new attractions with a passion.

I don't trust Disney though. They seem to be pretty trigger happy lately.

Just had a thought.. If they built out onto the lagoon where the Toon theater is and then also absorbed the theater space and some of the backstage area (there are some offices and such back there) and then rerouted the main walkway to sort of do an S-curve they could fit two fairly large attractions in that spot.

it sounds daft but once et goes then the universal orlando i first visited is gone. its really strange to think about that. all thats left is the movie make up show which has changed so much its totally different

not saying this is bad and i love a lot of the current park its just scary to think about. hell i still have a neon sign style kong t-shirt in storage somewhere

it sounds daft but once et goes then the universal orlando i first visited is gone. its really strange to think about that. all thats left is the movie make up show which has changed so much its totally different

not saying this is bad and i love a lot of the current park its just scary to think about. hell i still have a neon sign style kong t-shirt in storage somewhere
I'll take that shirt you mentioned.

Still a lot of work to be done at both parks:

-KidZone
-Fear Factor
-Shrek
-Terminator
-Seuss Landing needs an addition/CitH upgrades
-Toon Lagoon Theater replacement
-Toon Lagoon Replacement (?)
-Lost Continent Replacement (?)

Terminator needs a Spiderman-esque update and it will become enjoyable again...Plus Universal needs to start letting some of the classics stay, I know T2 didn't open with the park, but I would like for it to stay in some capacity

Terminator needs a Spiderman-esque update and it will become enjoyable again...Plus Universal needs to start letting some of the classics stay, I know T2 didn't open with the park, but I would like for it to stay in some capacity

If Kong, Jaws, BTTF, and ET can close, T2 should have been gone yesterday.