Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 126 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I am amazed that they put walls up around the teacups, it looks like they couldn't just tell the workers not to fling junk in that direction.

How long til they close this?

As do I. U might not believe this but I was watching an ioa tour yesterday and when Storm Force came on I actually got a tad nauseous in bed.
I believe you. Our local Pittsburgh park, Kennywood, has a bunch of really tough spinner types. I can't even look at them when they're in operation. Instant nausea....But when I was young I could ride them all day. Then I hit my thirtieth birthday and tough spinners were no more.......Strange thing is though, I can ride the Red fish/Blue fish & Kudos rides without any issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: Journey_On
It's just crazy how visual contact can have this affect. I couldn't even ride the merry-go-round at 3 and 4 years old so you're better than me. Sick for hours.

Anyone feel free to answer this. Here in Florida we do have the most advanced immersive theme park attractions, but we do lack speed. Why is it that Florida has a 200ft limit on coasters? And when the skyplex coaster opens will that be eliminated or is that not considered the same as a traditional coaster?

Anyone feel free to answer this. Here in Florida we do have the most advanced immersive theme park attractions, but we do lack speed. Why is it that Florida has a 200ft limit on coasters? And when the skyplex coaster opens will that be eliminated or is that not considered the same as a traditional coaster?

As far at it seems for the "North" section of UO (Not including the future "South" plot);

" The Orlando city code restricts Universal’s roller coasters to a 200-foot height limit because the park is bordered by a residential neighborhood." (Board approves plan for world’s tallest coaster in Orlando | TBO.com and The Tampa Tribune)

When the time comes of UO going to the south plot of 475 acres, the chances could become higher of UO being able of doing coasters higher than 200..but we'll see if they even want to do that, considering the odds.

Location Location Location. Disney is just soft. Sea World and Universal are just too close to residential areas but thats poor planning.

As much as I love Millennium Force my favorite steel coaster is Maverick... it's "only" 120 ft tall. Height does not make might, look at TTD/KK.
True..but maverick only reaches 70mph, I'm speaking of the 100mph+ thrills that we have to travel out of state for. Something like formula rossa at ferrari world would work here because it has a height of 174', but it eats a LOT of land and we know thats an issue already. Just saying it would be nice to have the speed at home.

True..but maverick only reaches 70mph, I'm speaking of the 100mph+ thrills that we have to travel out of state for. Something like formula rossa at ferrari world would work here because it has a height of 174', but it eats a LOT of land and we know thats an issue already. Just saying it would be nice to have the speed at home.
Currently not in operation, but ring racer (Ring Racer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia accelerates to 99mph and the height is only 123ft.
As for Ferrari land, interestingly enough they want to build a US park.

The people going to GradBash are going to be pretty salty when they find out Hulk isn't open. I guess this time it's not going to be "lit".
I almost just fell. That really got me.
I mentioned over at the Kong thread that I have to plan for my sister's Gradventure group, and I told them it probably won't be open. They got really mad.
They deserve it though. The one thought that they rebuilt Hulk because it derailed and killed people.
:lol: It still gets me.

The reason for no major thrills above the ones we have is families. Cedar Point and Six Flags have their coaster and amusement niches, but there is a reason central Florida is the most visited area for themed entertainment and amusements. As a whole, its family friendly. I love a great designed coaster but a great coaster ride does not always mean pushing things to the limits. Like an action or scary movie it needs to be well designed and well paced. the 200 foot thing is of course in part to theming as well at times because you are required by FAA to have a beacon on anything 200 feet or taller for aircraft safety. They don't want a skyline of those.

Millions of people go to six flags and Cedar Point and other major thrill parks every year, but for the 100 million that visit Florida every year, they want to appeal to the wider audience.

Reactions: Mad Dog and IzzyB
The reason for no major thrills above the ones we have is families. Cedar Point and Six Flags have their coaster and amusement niches, but there is a reason central Florida is the most visited area for themed entertainment and amusements. As a whole, its family friendly. I love a great designed coaster but a great coaster ride does not always mean pushing things to the limits. Like an action or scary movie it needs to be well designed and well paced. the 200 foot thing is of course in part to theming as well at times because you are required by FAA to have a beacon on anything 200 feet or taller for aircraft safety. They don't want a skyline of those.

Millions of people go to six flags and Cedar Point and other major thrill parks every year, but for the 100 million that visit Florida every year, they want to appeal to the wider audience.

I agree with this, but I also think Orlando is already over saturated with "all ages" rides. We need more adventurous coasters. Thank goodness for Sea World picking up the torch after UOR decided to let go.

Last I checked Hulk was still one of the most popular rides, with the longest waits in the park. People love coasters, and there is definitely a lack of them in the Orlando/Disney area.

I agree with this, but I also think Orlando is already over saturated with "all ages" rides. We need more adventurous coasters. Thank goodness for Sea World picking up the torch after UOR decided to let go.

Last I checked Hulk was still one of the most popular rides, with the longest waits in the park. People love coasters, and there is definitely a lack of them in the Orlando/Disney area.

People do love coasters, as I said me included. The Hulk is among the king of coasters for its well design. Thrills are often gimmick and numbers. I hope Mako is a good as design as Kraken and Manta.

But the answer to the question was honest. A visceral ride that the majority of the family experiences together makes more money in the gift shop. Families spend more money.

People do love coasters, as I said me included. The Hulk is among the king of coasters for its well design. Thrills are often gimmick and numbers. I hope Mako is a good as design as Kraken and Manta.

But the answer to the question was honest. A visceral ride that the majority of the family experiences together makes more money in the gift shop. Families spend more money.

I think Mako is going to become a very popular coaster with all that airtime!

Hulk is a staple of IOA. When they tore the old coaster out, something just didn't seem right when walking towards the park. It's like seeing Space Mountain while riding the Monorail to the Magic Kingdom or the Tower or Terror looming over DHS. You expect to see it there.