The Future of Wet 'n Wild | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Wet 'n Wild

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if another one of those themed walkways (like the one that got built for CBBR) will get built to whatever hotel goes here to give guests a safe walking route and lower stress on busses?

That's not bad. That's around the same amount of time it takes to go from Portofino to Citi Walk. And we do that walk often. :)
I am a fast walker though, but yes, the walk really isn't that bad. Would be nice though, if when they build the WnW resort, if they build pedestrian bridges to cross over Universal Boulevard and I-Drive; they could probably get the city to help pay for it, since it would serve public interest as well.

Reactions: Nick and Mad Dog
And when you really think about it, it generally takes you about that long to walk from the back of one of the theme parks' to the front of that park. And it's good exercise to help shed off all of the calories from that theme park food. :)

Reactions: anihilnation
I am a fast walker though, but yes, the walk really isn't that bad. Would be nice though, if when they build the WnW resort, if they build pedestrian bridges to cross over Universal Boulevard and I-Drive; they could probably get the city to help pay for it, since it would serve public interest as well.
Yeah, plus I think they have the right to ask that part of their tax revenues go into general infrastructure improvements like that. I believe that's where some, or most, of the funding for the CBBR pedestrian bridge came from.

Reactions: anihilnation
I could see those pedestrian "garden bridges" panning Universal Blvd. between the two halves of the property (the current parking lot and the current park). Almost making a tunnel for Universal Blvd. so the property is seamless.

I've seen people walking to UOR from the WnW area more than a few times. I do enjoy the walks more when they are on a path that UNI designed, but my family never seems to want to walk to the park unless we are staying at the Hard Rock.

But they will have some kind of transport if this plot becomes a high end resort which will be more important to folks staying there (IMHO) than any walking option.

Disney building the value resorts helped sustain large attendance gains. Universal needs to build a true value resort and they need to make it Yuge.

I think UNI is still learning about their overnight guest. I think folks around here have mentioned that they've been surprised by the success of CBBR. I was talking to someone my last time up there who told me they were hoping to average a rate of around $89 for a nightly rate at Cabana...I was curious about Memorial Day weekend, nothing there on a discount and the nightly rate I was overhead was a good point north of $200 a night.

Personally, I find it a bit crazy that Loews didn't put their name on CBBR, does having restaurants instead of a food court make a hotel above value level?

I dunno, I do have a hard time thinking of CBBR as a 'value' level resort and I can't wait to see how Saphire turns out as I love all their currently properties, but each for different reasons.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I've seen people walking to UOR from the WnW area more than a few times. I do enjoy the walks more when they are on a path that UNI designed, but my family never seems to want to walk to the park unless we are staying at the Hard Rock.

But they will have some kind of transport if this plot becomes a high end resort which will be more important to folks staying there (IMHO) than any walking option.

I think UNI is still learning about their overnight guest. I think folks around here have mentioned that they've been surprised by the success of CBBR. I was talking to someone my last time up there who told me they were hoping to average a rate of around $89 for a nightly rate at Cabana...I was curious about Memorial Day weekend, nothing there on a discount and the nightly rate I was overhead was a good point north of $200 a night.

Personally, I find it a bit crazy that Loews didn't put their name on CBBR, does having restaurants instead of a food court make a hotel above value level?

I dunno, I do have a hard time thinking of CBBR as a 'value' level resort and I can't wait to see how Saphire turns out as I love all their currently properties, but each for different reasons.
Oh yes, CBBR definitely has the feel of a Disney moderate or plus. I love the resort. I actually was able to get a suite at non peak times for $89 a night with my AP the first year it opened. Even now, I was able to get a suite for$135 for May 7-11 next month. Then we move on to Portofino for the rest of the trip.

One would figure it's not that hard to book a value hotel in the area and catch a shuttle/park at universal, but apparently there is a sizable market of people who just won't go unless they can book an onsite resort package. CCBR is so successful in part because it is the current lowest cost to entry even at a somewhat inflated price. I think there is a big market of value resort disney guests who won't book uni at all until they build value resorts at a comparable price level.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
One would figure it's not that hard to book a value hotel in the area and catch a shuttle/park at universal, but apparently there is a sizable market of people who just won't go unless they can book an onsite resort package. CCBR is so successful in part because it is the current lowest cost to entry even at a somewhat inflated price. I think there is a big market of value resort disney guests who won't book uni at all until they build value resorts at a comparable price level.
The suites at CBBR are about half the price of the Disney Animation value resort suites.

The suites at CBBR are about half the price of the Disney Animation value resort suites.
Maybe I'm looking at a different room or something then. There's the parking thing that is a factor though.

Edit: looking on the websites seems like can be a better value if needed the suite but a higher cost than the disney values for the regular rooms.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.