Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 304 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hi everyone! Newcomer here! I currently live in So-Cal and just minute away from USH and around 40 to Disneyland (when there isn't traffic, but that's very rare;)). I just wanted to say that I am super excited for Kong and about to book an Orlando trip for July. (Hope the weather isn't too miserable) A little while back, some people we concerned if seats were going to be good towards the center of the row of the vehicle. My answer is that they are actually the best seats! Whenever I go on the Studio Tour, I like sitting in the middle of the row because it makes the whole experience more immersive and realistic on Kong 360 and Fast and Furious. When sitting towards the left and right side of the tram, you can see the top of the screens. I hope since that it is a smaller ride vehicle for ROK, they can make the 360 portion more immersive and so you cant see the edge of the screen. Other than that, I am so pumped for Kong!!

EDIT: Booked!!! Wooohooo

Welcome to the forums!

I had that impression that sitting in the middle would have the most immersive results. I think the difference between Orlando and Hollywood is that the driver could possibly be involved so it might make a difference how close to the driver you are.

Reactions: Mike S and 12th Man
Thanks! I've been lurking through this thread, reading the first and last 15 pages, since I heard about it on Reddit last night.

The theme park and coaster subs over there have been really dying over the past year, I think I've only posted a couple of times there since I started posting here. Is TPR still getting a lot of hate?

Reactions: Sean
The theme park and coaster subs over there have been really dying over the past year, I think I've only posted a couple of times there since I started posting here. Is TPR still getting a lot of hate?

I honestly couldn't say about TPR, the only theme park related subreddit I follow is /r/UniversalStudios, which doesn't seem to have much of an issue with them. Though I can agree that OU seems a lot more active for theme parks.

I honestly couldn't say about TPR, the only theme park related subreddit I follow is /r/UniversalStudios, which doesn't seem to have much of an issue with them. Though I can agree that OU seems a lot more active for theme parks.

It's also lightning quick here too for anything new.

Got bored and made a prediction at a heat map.

MKnlC8M.jpg

Reactions: JoeCamel
Sometimes if people didn't break the rules - and truly did no harm - we wouldn't have information we do now. Take the Horizons videos from the guys hopping out and wandering around.

No one was hurt, guests on the ride had no clue it was happening, etc... But now we have a resource that details how the ride worked and how the show scenes were constructed.

It wouldn't matter if Disney actually archived the attraction, but they didn't. They just tore it down and hoped everyone would forget it existed.

Honestly if I could become a legit theme park archivist and record and document things I would. None of the companies want to pay for it because it doesn't matter to them.

If anyone knows different, feel free to point me in the right direction. In the meantime we have the gatekeeper harpies that run WDI's "archives" by making concept art their personal paperwork stash and never setting foot in the parks. Nothing about the build process or how things actually work is ever documented or preserved. It's sad.

And the folks who dare to defy "the rules" are ousted... To protect God knows what.

What exactly are we protecting again? The integrity of an animatronic figure?

From my understanding the heat map needs to heavily favor the left side.. And one particular segment of that side which I don't know exactly where it is.
Is this from a release, or something you happen to know? Sounds interesting either way. I'd possibly favour the left for a longer view of the doors, on the initial outdoor corner.

Ah okay, I get what you mean. I'm hoping the middle seats will still get a decent view of most things.

From my understanding the heat map needs to heavily favor the left side.. And one particular segment of that side which I don't know exactly where it is.
Yes, I've heard the left-side sees a lot of action most of the ride, but the right side might be best for one big guy in particular at the end... or so I've heard a while ago, (and things might have changed, you never know).