Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 306 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's not about if they ruined the ride for anyone. Their employer told them not to do something and they did it anyway. That is grounds for termination and an invitation not to come around any more. Just because this is something a lot of people want doesn't change anything. This should be a good learning experience for them. I'm assuming they are younger. Unfortunately it seems like a lot of younger people these days don't have a respect for authority or have any fear of consequences.(No that's not all people, but it is prevalent)

I can't think of any reason you'd want to see all the drivers or request one in particular other than being a completionist.

And back to protecting the IP... Remember when Disney sued those daycare centers and such for painting unauthorized Disney characters? Was the cost and expense at all remotely worth it?

You know why it stopped..? No.. not because Disney did some cost/benefit analysis or had a change of heart.. The lawyer employed by Disney, a quadraplegic with literally too much free time, died.

Just throwing this out there planning for next week. Do you guys think there might be even a 50% chance of softs Monday?

I am thinking about going to Universal/IOA during the week of June 6. I wonder about the likelihood of a ride during a soft open. I've never tried before but it sounds like a lot of fun. Also, does the ride tend to have more hiccups during the softs? I sometimes get claustrophobic and would not want to be stuck for an hour on the ride. Yes, I know claustrophobia and amusement park rides don't always mix. I was stuck on Kilimanjaro Safaris for about 20 minutes in one spot while they coaxed some giraffes to leave the ride path.

I am thinking about going to Universal/IOA during the week of June 6. I wonder about the likelihood of a ride during a soft open. I've never tried before but it sounds like a lot of fun. Also, does the ride tend to have more hiccups during the softs? I sometimes get claustrophobic and would not want to be stuck for an hour on the ride. Yes, I know claustrophobia and amusement park rides don't always mix. I was stuck on Kilimanjaro Safaris for about 20 minutes in one spot while they coaxed some giraffes to leave the ride path.
It should be doing softs by then, but it will be more prone to issues during this time. Gotta remember the whole ride is inside the show building so if it stops, it will be in there more than likely.

Has it been stated if there will be a dedicated gift shop for kong after the ride or is it just the mess tents selling the merch?

So i just got back from California and I spent a day at Universal Hollywood. A few notes I'd love to share ( I know we are Orlando, but I think the points are valid)

- Kong 360 got me so jacked up for this ride, the thought of cutting down the vehicle length is going to make it very interesting.
- The plan of hopefully being within practical effects and scenery before the screens is going to make it even better, kong 360 just dumps you into the scene.
- I'm nervous about how they will integrate the 3D, will they expect us to wear them the whole ride or right before the screens yell something stupid like "quick put on your adventure goggles"?
- I dislike how the new 3D glasses being used are really limiting your peripheral vision. The second time I rode Kong360 I didn't even wear the glasses and i preferred it SOOO much more.
- I forgot how pissed off Kong is, makes me excited for the AA.

I also just got back from Universal Studios Hollywood and got to experience Kong 360 for the first time. I found it incredibly impressive but also...only a 90 second experience. What excites me is what we'll do for the other 4 minutes to really make this a full-fledged ride.

I've read as many of the previous posts as I reasonably could, but since then has there been any finalisation that it will definitely be an AA driver, instead of a live spieler? I thought the skippers on Jaws really made the experience, but I'm sure whatever they do will work alright.

I've read as many of the previous posts as I reasonably could, but since then has there been any finalisation that it will definitely be an AA driver, instead of a live spieler? I thought the skippers on Jaws really made the experience, but I'm sure whatever they do will work alright.

New member here (but you might know me on Horror Night Nightmares as Youdontknowjack)! I'm pretty excited to take part in the discussion. ;)

Anyway, to answer your question, the drivers will be AAs. Videos of the trucks testing show this. You can see the AA driver in the front seat:

Reactions: Ryno27
New member here (but you might know me on Horror Night Nightmares as Youdontknowjack)! I'm pretty excited to take part in the discussion. ;)

Anyway, to answer your question, the drivers will be AAs. Videos of the trucks testing show this. You can see the AA driver in the front seat:

We are unsure if the AA drivers will be staying though, because some people have said they've recieved many complaints about looking bad

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts