Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 307 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Off to Islands today, and one other day before we leave Tuesday, so will keep an eye out on testing.

Shame we'll likely miss Softs, but the November trip is booked now and APs at the ready!!

Reactions: Ash and Mike S
That sucks. I wonder how they would be replaced in that scenario.

I don't think it would be very hard to replace them with a seat for a cast member.

i completely agree in this scenario. With the effort that has been put forth into this ride so far, seeing those AA drivers right now driving around the loop just looks so budget and 90's.

I still hopeful that they are not complete or there is more information we haven't seen yet.

I for one am very confused why UC would pay the man hours of a queue actor and not a vehicle driver????

Reactions: Ash
I've read as many of the previous posts as I reasonably could, but since then has there been any finalisation that it will definitely be an AA driver, instead of a live spieler? I thought the skippers on Jaws really made the experience, but I'm sure whatever they do will work alright.
We are unsure if the AA drivers will be staying though, because some people have said they've recieved many complaints about looking bad

are reports that the ride vehicles have viewing problems from certain seats

Reactions: Cole and Mike S
I don't think it would be very hard to replace them with a seat for a cast member.

i completely agree in this scenario. With the effort that has been put forth into this ride so far, seeing those AA drivers right now driving around the loop just looks so budget and 90's.

I still hopeful that they are not complete or there is more information we haven't seen yet.

I for one am very confused why UC would pay the man hours of a queue actor and not a vehicle driver????
Seriously, there has only been one blurry picture and we're acting like it's the worst thing ever. I haven't even seen a good picture of them yet.

Reactions: Quint
Ahh makes perfect sense.

Well hopefully Kong doesn't get hurt by Universal's bomb in the form of The Huntsman Winter's War, what a colossal screw up that was.....

(Obviously it wont I know)

70 million lost is a tough start to 2016 after an awesome 2015 though haha

New member here (but you might know me on Horror Night Nightmares as Youdontknowjack)! I'm pretty excited to take part in the discussion. ;)

Anyway, to answer your question, the drivers will be AAs. Videos of the trucks testing show this. You can see the AA driver in the front seat:

I'm still convinced that there is hydraulics on this vehicle making it shake about far more than natural.

Maybe the AAs won't look so bad with 3D glasses on, ha.

Reactions: Ryno27