Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

UO Plastic Annual Passes coming June 3

Jul 9, 2009
Orlando, FL
I was on the UO blog looking for a Kong update and saw a post about new plastic annual passes. When I went back to the blog home page, the story was gone, but I copied the content below. If this violates site rules, please delete and accept my apology. Either way, I'll be in line to get my flimsy paper pass exchanged on June 3.

http://blog.universalorlando.com/extras/annual-passholder-plastic-cards/

Last September, we announced the new look of UOAP and celebrated this by giving out magnets to our Passholders featuring the new logo. Side note: If you haven’t gotten your UOAP magnet, stop by Guest Services on your next visit and pick one up!

Now we’re happy to announce that our Universal Orlando Annual Passholders will be getting new, hard plastic passes.

Our Annual Passholders are our most loyal fans, and these new Annual Passes are part of our effort to make the UOAP experience the best it can be. This is also another way that Passholders can recognize each other in the parks and get recognized by our Team Members.The new Annual Passes will be available in three vibrant colors:

• Power Passes — Purple
  • Preferred Passes — Teal
  • Premier Passes — Yellow
They’re also sturdier than the current passes and will match the updated sleeve you may have already received. If you haven’t already received the new sleeve, it will come with your new Annual Pass.

New Passes will be available at both Universal Orlando Resort theme parks during special distribution events Fridays through Sundays, starting June 3. Here are the details on how to pick up your new Annual Pass:

Location Pick-Up

• Jurassic Park Discovery Center (outside, lagoon side) – Universal’s Islands of Adventure
  • Café La Bamba (outside, porch) – Universal Studios Florida
Dates Available for Pick-Up

• June 3, 4 and 5
  • June 10, 11 and 12
  • June 17, 18 and 19
Pick-Up Time

• 10:00AM – 6:00PM
We thought you might have a few questions that would be frequently asked, so here are our answers:

Do I have to switch from my current pass to a plastic pass?
No, you do not have to switch from your current pass to a new plastic pass. Even if you renew, you can keep your current pass. However, in any event where you want or need to replace your pass (e.g.: if it’s lost or stolen), you will receive a plastic pass and must surrender your current pass.

Can I keep my paper pass and get a plastic pass, so I can use either pass to enter the parks?
If you choose to get a plastic pass, you will need to surrender your current pass and it will become inactive.

How much will it cost for me to get a plastic pass?
There will be no cost for you to get your new pass.

Where will I be able to switch out my pass?
Fridays through Sundays from June 3 through June 19, you can pick up your new plastic pass at the Café La Bamba (outside patio) at Universal Studios or the Jurassic Park Discovery Center landing (outside) at Islands of Adventure between 10am and 6pm.

Can I bring my family member’s pass to switch out or do they have to be present?
All Passholders must be present with their ID in order to receive their new pass.

For more information, visit the Annual Passholder page. And if you haven’t already, make sure to join the Annual Passholder Facebook Group for up-to-date news and to connect with fellow passholders.

I lost my pass this past weekend and got a new one .I asked the guest service lady about plastic passes .She said IF they did that the cost to replace a lost/missing plastic pass would be 40.00. I got my paper one for free .

Last edited:
I lost my pass this past weekend and got a new one .I asked the guest service lady about plastic passes .She said IF they did that the cost to replace a lost/missing pass would be 40.00. I got my paper one for free .

You get one paper pass replacement for free, the next is $10. We lost my husband and daughters pass and when we went to get it replaced she said 3 times that this time it would be free, but if we lose it again it would cost us $10. She said first replacement is the only one free. Which I think is bull for both paper and plastic. No other park has ever charged for replacement passes. We have had to get replacement ones at Sea World and Disney and were never told we would ever be charged for future ones.

She never said "next time will be XX dollars" .
I guess she already knew about this announcement.
She was already anticipating grief for the 40 dollar price to replace plastic pass when lost.

I've reprinted my paper 20+ times and have never been charged

Interesting. The lady really wanted to get the point across to me that next time would not be free. Wonder if they changed something recently and that is why she repeated it so many times? Maybe because they were Power Passes? Not sure.

I think it matters if it reprinted because the old one faded, or because it was lost. They can't expect people having to pay for reprints when the passes fade easily. Maybe now with the plastic ones they will change things.

I have a plastic pass(since 04) but my wife has Preferred paper
pass, we will not be back till late sept, so does this mean no plastic pass
for her?
Fridays through Sundays from June 3 through June 19, you can pick up your new plastic pass at the Café La Bamba (outside patio) at Universal Studios or the Jurassic Park Discovery Center landing (outside) at Islands of Adventure between 10am and 6pm.

I'm so glad these are finally back, I've always hated the paper passes, I think I only had to get mine reprinted once, but they fact you have to get it reprinted sometimes, is retarded. Having the plastic just feels better to me, it feels more important, instead of some disposable paper. The one thing I wish they had done though, is put different attraction characters on the different tiers of passes instead of change the color. I hope Hollywood can learn from Orlando here

for her?
I think the idea is that after these dates you'll be able to go to guest services, the event is just to take care of the bulk of them.

for her?

Those days are the "special handout" dates. Afterwards, you have to go Guest Services.

Those days are the "special handout" dates. Afterwards, you have to go Guest Services.

IOA Group Sales!
13179290_10153613242227544_6544708080061013114_n.jpg