Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 371 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's funny, way back in December/January, I was flailing my arms in private about the battery system... I was sure it would be trouble. How wrong I was! (short of a funny story I will tell you all after it opens. Hopefully I won't be in a wheelchair and on a respirator trying to remember what my name is by then...)
Quick quiz...What was your name again?...Just checking :)

Reactions: Ryno27
Hey everybody, been a long time since I posted in the forums. Don't worry, I won't ask anything about when the attraction will soft open. I was wondering if they will have Express and/or Single Rider available? Also, does anybody know how many vehicles are operational at this time? I believe there are supposed to be 5 total, but can all 5 even run on the track at the same time?

There will be express and likely a single too although single is somewhat foggy. There are 5 but it is unknown how many might be on track in the future as they have had issues making it function with 2 or 3. o_O

I would judge they are shooting to open with three otherwise the line might stretch to Daytona.

Gosh, this all sounds dubious. I hope it'll be open by September. BTW, we're having our own "kong" issues with Derren Brown's Ghost Train here in the UK... except Merlin have announced an opening twice and retracted both times....

It will be open by September. They technically haven't missed any date since nothing has been announced expect late Summer. So saying people will be fired is a stretch. It's new tech and delays are to be expected. If this slight problem gets people fired at Universal, what does it take at Disney?

It will be open by September. They technically haven't missed any date since nothing has been announced expect late Summer. So saying people will be fired is a stretch. It's new tech and delays are to be expected. If this slight problem gets people fired at Universal, what does it take at Disney?

Just because they haven't announced any dates, doesn't mean they haven't missed any dates. Internal dates can be as important as public ones.

Lots of ads out there on TV right now for Kong this summer. And, while technically summer is till mid September, people think of summer as late June, July. August. There's too much on the line to delay it past July 1st. I'm fully confident it will be officially open by then. Too much at stake for it not to be. They'll fix these minor issues and if they have to run it at reduced capacity like they did with Gringotts for a month or two they will. Even at reduced capacity it will be more than many recent new Disney attractions. :thumbsup:

Dunno why everyone is shocked by this, just the same ole cycle we go through for every new attraction. This won't be no Avatar-level delays...

391627_1.jpg

I need some clarification. Where are all of you getting this "late summer" opening date? Simply from the fact a hard date hasn't been announced? Or have you actually been told this? I say it's pointless to think Kong won't open until later summer solely because they haven't said when it will open yet. It's barely even Memorial Weekend.

But, if it is open late summer, I'll be upset. I'm visiting August 1 - I guess technically that could be considered late summer...

I need some clarification. Where are all of you getting this "late summer" opening date? Simply from the fact a hard date hasn't been announced? Or have you actually been told this? I say it's pointless to think Kong won't open until later summer solely because they haven't said when it will open yet. It's barely even Memorial Weekend.

But, if it is open late summer, I'll be upset. I'm visiting August 1 - I guess technically that could be considered late summer...

No one is saying late summer for Kong?