Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 416 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I will say that this ride FELT short. I say this because the actual track length of this ride is very short and the ride vehicle stops quite a bit. I remember on my first ride through I was surprised how quickly we got to the 360 scene. Maybe it was just me being super hyper while on the ride but it didn't feel much longer than gringotts, if at all.

Last edited:
Three screens jive with the plans we had known previously. Scenes 1, 2, and 6 should be the non screen scenes, while 3,4, 5 should be those with screens. Load & unload are sometimes marked as scenes, but I'm not counting them with this configuration (If they were counted it would be Scene 1 load, Scene 2 and 3 no screens, scenes 4,5,6 screens, Kong scene 7, Unload scene 8). It will be interesting to see kearns full report to see if it worked out that way. I think screens are essential for an attraction of this caliber. Without any screens it probably would have been an average or lame attraction. Sounds like a good mix of sets, AA's, screens and special effects from what he's told us so far. Myself, I count the queue as a main part of the attraction.So the queue with it's AA's, screens, actors etc. should really kick this into the top tier of Universal attractions. Good news thus far. Hope the positive reviews keep coming in......Add on: That 360 screen scene sounds about the same length as Hollywood, apx. ...That's a nice length of time with Kong. Some of the earlier reports we had, it was brief & much shorter, so that's great news if it's in the vicinity of 30 seconds.

Last edited:
By the way, if you want to see what the 360 scene looks like, here's the video:

(This is from USH, but to my knowledge, it is the same as ROK.)

I'd doubt that it'd be the same.

He looks the ride vehicle over and roars at you, not much else.

To the AA's motion, was it extremely smooth?

Also..how long would you say was the 360 scene?

Reactions: Mike S and 12th Man
Three screens jive with the plans we had known previously. Scenes 1, 2, and 6 should be the non screen scenes, while 3,4, 5 should be those with screens. Load & unload are sometimes marked as scenes, but I'm not counting them with this configuration. It will be interesting to see kearns full report to see if it worked out that way. I think screens are essential for an attraction of this caliber. Without any screens it probably would have been an average or lame attraction. Sounds like a good mix of sets, AA's, screens and special effects from what he's told us so far. Myself, I count the queue as a main part of the attraction.So the queue with it's AA's, screens, actors etc. should really kick this into the top tier of Universal attractions. Good news thus far. Hope the positive reviews keep coming in.
So basically in Scenes 1 and 2 you enter the caves, in Scene 3 you meet the expedition team/get attacked by the bats, Scene 4 is the Bug Pit scene, Scene 5 is the jungle/360 screen scene, and in Scene 6 you meet the AA Kong? Is this correct?

They took us a very strange way though the queue using both the single rider and regular lines so I definitely didn't get a proper queue experience. Say 2-3 rooms with lots of confusing passages between them. Favorite room was with the AA witch, very cool fake fire effects in there

Aaaaah! That is single riders! I still cannot figure out how they will make it work. You will see the vehicle before you see the vehicle. How odd.

By the way, if you want to see what the 360 scene looks like, here's the video:

(This is from USH, but to my knowledge, it is *almost* the same as ROK.)

I'd doubt that it'd be the same.

To the AA's motion, was it extremely smooth?

Also..how long would you say was the 360 scene?

The 360 scene is actually very similar, some parts are changed but over all same basic storyline.

AA motion was incredible, the amount of moving parts on his face is incredible (i.e. flaring his nostrils, moving his eyes, etc...) 360 scene felt about 90 seconds long.

Yeah, Hollywood has the Hollywood trams in it so it would have ti be slightly different, if not largely different. And, if I remember correctly, I think Teebin has said the size of the 360 screen is different.
Yes, it will be a much smaller screen. However, it will have most of the same parts from the USH KK 360. It will probably have a different ending since Kong is in an AA form. Is this right, @kearns96 ?

So basically in Scenes 1 and 2 you enter the caves, in Scene 3 you meet the expedition team/get attacked by the bats, Scene 4 is the Bug Pit scene, Scene 5 is the jungle/360 screen scene, and in Scene 6 you meet the AA Kong? Is this correct?
Scenes in order (including load/unload)
1.Load
2.Outside
3. Kong Skeleton on the left, AA bats on right
4. Cave Screen Scene on left
5. Bug pit scene on right
6. 360 Scene
7. Kong AA on right
8. Unload