Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 417 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
What are the AA bats like? Aren't there are also screen bats?
Pretty cool, they don't do much, they are hanging upside down and are about 5 feet long. I believe they are supposed to spit water but I'm not sure, it wasn't working when I was on. They are mainly meant to give the right side of the vehicle something to look at while stopped at the skeleton.

SPOILERS!!!

Lol I kid.

Kearns, thanks so much for all the info! What drivers did you experience and how did the storylines flow?
Only had 1 driver all 4 times, my luck of course. I got the native woman. I could hear the other trucks audio at load and unload though. They all start introducing themselves right after you leave the station. They talk a little bit about the island outside and going into the cave. Then I believe they don't say much until the end of the ride after kong, but my memory is lacking a bit on the audio side of things

Reactions: Ryno27 and 12th Man
Only had 1 driver all 4 times, my luck of course. I got the native woman. I could hear the other trucks audio at load and unload though. They all start introducing themselves right after you leave the station. They talk a little bit about the island outside and going into the cave. Then I believe they don't say much until the end of the ride after kong, but my memory is lacking a bit on the audio side of things

Sounds pretty simple and limited. Would you say it was added or detracted from the overall ride experience?

I will say that this ride FELT short. I say this because the actual track length of this ride is very short and the ride vehicle stops quite a bit. I remember on my first ride through I was surprised how quickly we got to the 360 scene. Maybe it was just me being super hyper while on the ride but it didn't feel much longer than gringotts, if at all.

Not good since the hype has been "longest ride at the resort."

That's the way many of us felt after riding Gringotts.

Reactions: tankart150
Sounds pretty simple and limited. Would you say it was added or detracted from the overall ride experience?
Definitely didn't detract at all. I think most people will completely miss it, too caught up in with the scenery around you. But guests who ride more than once will probably appreciate the multiple drivers.

I'm going to take a break from replying for now so I can get started on the write up. Feel free to keep asking questions, I'll answer them all later tonight! Thanks again guys!
There are two kinds of Universal fans, those like you and I that feel Gringotts is the best ride at the resort and those that don't. I am curious if there was anyone there that you talked to that likes FJ better than Gringotts and am curious where they would rank the ride.

I wouldn't worry about the length.We know it's 2 minutes longer than Gringotts, FJ and SpiderMan. My first times on new rides they always seem fast. Then they slow down. You start noticing things that in your initial excitement you didn't. It's just like playing sports. With repetition, the game slows down.

True, but Gringotts still feels poorly paced to me. FJ and Spidey (and even Transformers) feel far more extensive.

If the show scenes inside the show building move quickly, this really will feel like 360: The Ride (plus an excellent AA as a parting gift).

True, but Gringotts still feels poorly paced to me. FJ and Spidey (and even Transformers) feel far more extensive.

If the show scenes inside the show building move quickly, this really will feel like 360: The Ride (plus an excellent AA as a parting gift).
I'll wait till I ride it a number of the times before I judge. Example in point; I've been on Gringott's more than 2 dozen times. I agree with many that the ending is maybe too quick. But the remainder of the ride seems longer than my initial feelings. And if a scene moves quickly that generally means it's exciting and not boring. (Heck 30 seconds on It's a Small World seems like 5 minutes of bore). Now, I love the Gringott's attraction, and I don't feel it's short since I see & experience all the stuff I initially missed.And Kearnes did say the ride just may have felt shorter since he was excited and it was missing some effects. In the case of Kong, 6 minutes is very long for an attraction in this day & age. So I really don't think it will feel short after I've rode it multiple times. Maybe the first few times, as with all new rides, it may seem quick, but that changes. The 360 is only 1 and a half minutes. The remaining 4 and a half minutes is still longer than Spiderman, Forbidden Journey and Gringotts. That's a fact. I really don't know what else to say. :) Teebin made an excellent point above. And to add.When things are clicking the pace seems fast. When stuff is boring it's slow as hell.

I'll wait till I ride it a number of the times before I judge. Example in point; I've been on Gringott's more than 2 dozen times. I agree with many that the ending is maybe too quick. But the remainder of the ride seems longer than my initial feelings. And if a scene moves quickly that generally means it's exciting and not boring. (Heck 30 seconds on It's a Small World seems like 5 minutes of bore). Now, I love the Gringott's attraction, and I don't feel it's short since I see & experience all the stuff I initially missed.And Kearnes did say the ride just may have felt shorter since he was excited and it was missing some effects. In the case of Kong, 6 minutes is very long for an attraction in this day & age. So I really don't think it will feel short after I've rode it multiple times. Maybe the first few times, as with all new rides, it may seem quick, but that changes. The 360 is only 1 and a half minutes. The remaining 4 and a half minutes is still longer than Spiderman, Forbidden Journey and Gringotts. That's a fact. I really don't know what else to say. :) Teebin made an excellent point above. And to add.When things are clicking the pace seems fast. When stuff is boring it's slow as hell.

So successful attractions feel short? Never heard anyone complain that FJ, Spidey, MIB, Pirates, Mansion, etc feel too short.

My only point is it will be unfortunate if Kong has pacing problems like Gringott does.

So successful attractions feel short? Never heard anyone complain that FJ, Spidey, MIB, Pirates, Mansion, etc feel too short.

My only point is it will be unfortunate if Kong has pacing problems like Gringott does.
I mean, they don't feel too short, but when they're over I always feel the slight disappointment that it's over. Is this what @kearns96 was getting at?

Reactions: Mike S

I understand your point. FJ has always seemed longer than 4 minutes to me, but maybe it's because of all of those transitions. Myself I think FJ is the best attraction at Universal. But I "enjoy" riding Gringotts & SpiderMan multiple times more because they're not as intense. The first times I rode Spidey it seemed short too, but not after multiple rides. Pirates, Mansions are different creatures. I find them extremely enjoyable & fun but they are slow paced AA attractions that seem long because they're slow paced (or in the case of Pirates they're long & slow) , but they don't have much thrill. I think thrill really makes a ride seem faster paced, like coasters, that seem to last all of 20 or 30 seconds even when they're a minute and a half long.

Reactions: Mike S