Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 433 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Its all new music, not heard in the original 2005 soundtrack.

Damn. Somebody should get a HD recording of it. As much as I would've rather seen JP expanded, the music sounds ok and has me kind of excited to ride. Still though, I hate how close it is to JP, doesn't seem like the arches will be coming back...I wouldn't have a problem with Kong if it didn't affect the feel of JP as much but the placement ruins so much of JP's effect. Same with Hogwarts. JP, sadly, got the short end of the stick.

Reactions: Ryno27
Just spit-balling... But I think the whole experience would benefit from a narrative construct to encapsulate the story. Right now it tries to tell it "realistically" and parts get lost... Important parts.

So I'd not be opposed to adopting some presentational-ism, like placards in the queue with Kate's journal entries or something. Right now what's missing is an explanation for what the 8th Wonder is, an emotional connection to Kate and her crew, and the reason you're there in the first place.

None of that is explicitly presented in the queue and not at all mentioned on the ride. Heck, I'm not sure it's mentioned in passing in the queue since parts of the audio were inaudible.

Reactions: Mad Dog and Ryno27
Just spit-balling... But I think the whole experience would benefit from a narrative construct to encapsulate the story. Right now it tries to tell it "realistically" and parts get lost... Important parts.

So I'd not be opposed to adopting some presentational-ism, like placards in the queue with Kate's journal entries or something. Right now what's missing is an explanation for what the 8th Wonder is, an emotional connection to Kate and her crew, and the reason you're there in the first place.

None of that is explicitly presented in the queue and not at all mentioned on the ride. Heck, I'm not sure it's mentioned in passing in the queue since parts of the audio were inaudible.

You seem to want a film instead of a ride experience. Some of the best rides ever created have a very loose story and some of the worst rides have a very clear, linear story. To me, I'd prefer a Haunted Mansion ride experience that tells a "story" through the sights and sounds of its world rather than a Little Mermaid experience which gives you a book report presentation of the movie.

You seem to want a film instead of a ride experience. Some of the best rides ever created have a very loose story and some of the worst rides have a very clear, linear story. To me, I'd prefer a Haunted Mansion ride experience that tells a "story" through the sights and sounds of its world rather than a Little Mermaid experience which gives you a book report presentation of the movie.

I'm not a fan of mermaid either. But right now it needs something.

pretty sure thats not what they meant by fully immersive queue.. those people have a long dumb day ahead of them waiting outside kong haha. Just think.. if they do get in they will have to walk through the whole line lickidy split haha

Exterior and first few chambers are set up so the ropes can be dropped and you walk right through them. So it is probably going to happen to first riders.

Reactions: Ryno27