Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 435 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Also, thought: "you're wrong! You have no idea what you're talking about!"

Says the person who hasn't been inside the building to the person who has....

I'm fine with discussing and debating things. I'll not be bullied by ignorance though.

I've always preferred the phrase, "I will not suffer fools gladly". Also, just a funny note, there is a realtor in Cincinnati whose name is pronounced "Debbie Downer". I laugh inwardly whenever I see one of her listings. It is always interesting to get different takes on these rides. At Cedar Point, there is a coaster called Maverick that people love. I don't like it because it jerks my neck on some of the awkward turns. Plus, Cedar Point has this whole "no sunglasses" rule which makes me worry about losing a contact lens. Perceptions and things we like are so varied.

Last edited:
image.jpg

That is awesome! If I didn't have to work today... .lol

Reactions: Mike S and Ryno27
I hope you're kidding

And by the way, does Mark Woodbury not work on projects anymore or is busy with overseas stuff? Just curious as UC is not as 'open' as Imagineering about their inner workings

You know how we all yearn for concept pictures and engineering plans? That is all Mark sees... or answering to higher-ups and lower-downs. Stepping out of the way when there is a bigger cat in town in your own house. That's a special breed of cat.

I want to go so bad today to check it out with the walls down, too bad we are about to have stormy weather. I wish they would bring back the JP arch again though and stick it right where that outside eating / balcony area of Thunder Falls is... The arch is iconic and now you wont be able to experience the grand entrance of JP from one side of the island :(

Reactions: Cheezbat
I just walked by, the area looks awesome. I won't stand and wait for it to open but I'll keep my eye on things and head over if it does. I doubt it though, the rainy forecast and atmosphere here is probably killing any small chance of them opening it today.

Reactions: Mike S and Ryno27

Even as is, short... :jaw:

That looks dope as poop.

I 100% respect epcyclopedia's review, as well as anyone's. It definitely made me less excited to ride it but it is what it is. I think once I heard the lack of AA's in general and how it's basically Kong 360 with some added pluses I was super bummed. Hopefully softs happen tomorrow so I can post my own review.

Reactions: Clive
Some people are just not going to be impressed with a screen attraction anymore, no matter how effectively they're used. It's crazy to think but Universal is responsible for changing the game 17 years ago. Unfortunately, this will go for Disney fans too as they should expect plenty of screens on Avatar and Star Wars.

Some people are just not going to be impressed with a screen attraction anymore, no matter how effectively they're used. It's crazy to think but Universal is responsible for changing the game 17 years ago. Unfortunately, this will go for Disney fans too as they should expect plenty of screens on Avatar and Star Wars.

Yes but they will be "better" because Disney did it...that's what irks me

Reactions: Mike S
*PLaNt rAnT*

The other thing I marvel at, and I know it well, is the growth speed of plants in Florida. They were JUST PLANTED! And yet they look all jungle-like and smooshed together already. The curse is, one has to keep up with that growth rate as it can look like hell just as quickly.

:):(