Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 436 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hey knock it off, these people are excited and hopeful that a really awesome thing could open today. The chance isn't 0% and you don't have inside info, let them have fun and don't be rude about it

Agreed. None of us know when this will soft. It could be next hour or next week. But they could open it at any time. We have enough seen it with so many rides where it is just open and they let so many people in and before you know it, it is closed again.

Reactions: Nick and Cole
Oh also I want to add, there's apparently a small outdoor portion that gets completely skipped in the rain. Unfortunately I didn't get to see it but I'd really like to. Pretty cool that it can be cut out if needed though.

People love being the "first" to ride an attraction. I dont even concider that because after Universal creative have been riding it for weeks and TM's got to ride it all weekend. Were really the last to ride it.
All I care about is that I was on Forbidden Journey the first day of its official operation :love:
Mike West is hanging out in front of Kong!
image.jpg
Very cool. I shook hands with Mark Woodbury in Diagon Alley during softs :)

that JP arch has been gone for ages, why are people crying about it now?

I do wish there was better transition between the areas, but, short of removing the Thunder Falls restaurant, there's no real way to make it work.

I feel like that warning sign is a bit too ambiguous for the average guest to understand. The sign doesn't make it clear that people are going to jump out and scare you. I feel like that may be a problem.
After working in retail most of my life I can tell you with absolutely certainty 90% of people do not read signs. You can make a massive sign or write it on the park map, most guests will be absolutely clueless no matter what precautions you take.

"Where is your bath room?" (What I want to say) "See that big blue sign that says rest rooms with an arrow on it."

"Where is the checkout?" Huge rectangle sign over the register. CHECKOUT in various languages.

It's posted on the sign, ambiguous or not it isn't Universal's problem.

that JP arch has been gone for ages, why are people crying about it now?

I do wish there was better transition between the areas, but, short of removing the Thunder Falls restaurant, there's no real way to make it work.

Because everyone thought they were coming back once Kong was ready. It's sad to know now that they're not...if parts of it show up in the Prop shop I'll pay somebody 25% extra of what they cost to buy something and ship it to me!

Because everyone thought they were coming back once Kong was ready. It's sad to know now that they're not...

It's been said for some time I believe here on OU that the Arch wouldn't be coming back. And as much as it disappoints some, it makes sense. The only wish I had was that they could of extended the rockwork to make some sort of tunnel to transition Skull Island and Isla Nublar so it wouldn't be as bad (even though it'd be hard to mask the 80 ft tall building in the sky..).

Reactions: Mike S and Ryno27
Because everyone thought they were coming back once Kong was ready. It's sad to know now that they're not...if parts of it show up in the Prop shop I'll pay somebody 25% extra of what they cost to buy something and ship it to me!

Nope, like others have mentioned, it was pretty clearly stated the arch was not coming back after Kong opened

Reactions: Mike S
A thought for the folks who don't appreciate an honest critical review...

The reason we end up with attractions that aren't top tier caliber despite their budgets, resources, and talent backing them is because nowhere in the process does someone say "gee, this isn't working as expected" because of how harsh the repercussions are for anyone seen as a Debbie Downer. Yes men make mediocre attractions.

Kong is at a point right now where it has potential but if you say it's amazing and doesn't need some tweaks it'll stay mediocre. The positive action ego-stroker brigade is far more damaging for the greater good than any negative comment. There's a reason complaints are -supposed- to be seen as opportunities.

But if ego is more important than the quality of a ride that's going to be installed for 20-something years, fine, it was amazing as is.
Well when you're one of the only ones who have ridden it and saying things like putting it on the level of Earthquake/Disaster and that E.T. is better I believe I have reasonable doubt that I'll view it the same way as you do.

Reactions: Mad Dog and Teebin