Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 531 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Went last night and queue for like 3 hours.... Trucks stopped and everyone evacuated off the ride. Waited til the bitter end to get on it. Instead they just closed and kicked us out - however they did tell me to return today after 4pm - however the rain seems to have ruined that! A dude told me to try again tomorrow it's indefinitely closed tonight...

Went last night and queue for like 3 hours.... Trucks stopped and everyone evacuated off the ride. Waited til the bitter end to get on it. Instead they just closed and kicked us out - however they did tell me to return today after 4pm - however the rain seems to have ruined that! A dude told me to try again tomorrow it's indefinitely closed tonight...
How could the rain have ruined it if they have a built in solution for exactly this situation? :bang:

Would it kill the AA up front to use a map or ask for directions?

Well the tourists to my town apparently don't use maps at all. A gentleman that went on a very early walk one day asked upon his return, "What is the name of that lake down there, where the docks are" and the reply was "We like to call it the Atlantic Ocean".

Trucks have been cycling since 7:50 pm, but no softs as of yet. No sure if they would start with only 1 1/2 hours to park closing. But, it would be an opportunity to do so with smaller crowds. The earlier rain really cleared the park.

Reactions: Mike S
How could the rain have ruined it if they have a built in solution for exactly this situation? :bang:
Best to have your first ride when the outside's running too. Experience it the way it's supposed to be and your expectations will be more easily met. :) I saw that blip on the radar when you said you were going, that's why I suggested the "No Rain Dance". It turned out it was the wrong dance, it was the "No 'Reign' Dance" . :( My bad. Sorry I jinxed your moment in the sun. I'll buy you a beer if we ever run into each other down there. :cheers: ...hope the rest of your day was good. At least you go on Frozen right before it broke down.

Rain didn't have anything to do with it. The ride ruined itself as has been happening. I am wondering how often they are manually shoving the ride forward when it gets lost in order to keep it running. And I ain't kidding.
Are they having any issues with the batteries recharging, or is it just that communications problem that persists?

Reactions: Ryno27
I hope that you understand that this is typical. The ride will remain shuttered on a few more days to come. Which days those are is a crap shoot.
I know. It's just that I've been reading this site and seeing everyone who got to ride which made me think I would get on myself. I guess I'm waiting for the grand opening at this point. Maybe then the possible transition to the AA and ceiling shadows will be working. Or maybe not.

I know. It's just that I've been reading this site and seeing everyone who got to ride which made me think I would get on myself. I guess I'm waiting for the grand opening at this point. Maybe then the possible transition to the AA and ceiling shadows will be working. Or maybe not.

Sorry Mike, I know how much effort you put into riding this, I am sure you will get your ride in the near future.

Reactions: Mike S and Mad Dog
Mommy, what's a pixie dust snorter?

Son, that is a pixie dust snorter:

Not trying to be rude, but really! When Frozen opens Universal fans don't call it terrible. They say it looks "cool" and the AAs are "spectacular". But sometimes people get high on pixie dust....:ears: