Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 533 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I should bookmark this page to see if you rave about how amazing Soarin 2.0, aka Avatar is.

epcyclopedia is equally negative about both parks.

Why does everyone think just because one doesn't like a particular ride at Universal that they must snort pixie dust and love everything at Disney no matter what? Just leave Avatar out of this thread, it has no reason to even be talked about here since it isn't even opening the same year as Kong. I understand comparing two attractions opening the same year, but that isn't even the case here.

Not to mention if you want to hear the ride that is getting all the attention from locals it is Mako. Everywhere I go, EVERYONE is talking about Mako. Haven't heard a peep outside of the theme park crowds about Kong or Frozen, but many many many locals talking about how awesome Mako is. Looks like Sea World is winning right now in getting good press for a new attraction.

epcyclopedia is equally negative about both parks.

Why does everyone think just because one doesn't like a particular ride at Universal that they must snort pixie dust and love everything at Disney no matter what? Just leave Avatar out of this thread, it has no reason to even be talked about here since it isn't even opening the same year as Kong. I understand comparing two attractions opening the same year, but that isn't even the case here.

Not to mention if you want to hear the ride that is getting all the attention from locals it is Mako. Everywhere I go, EVERYONE is talking about Mako. Haven't heard a peep outside of the theme park crowds about Kong or Frozen, but many many many locals talking about how awesome Mako is. Looks like Sea World is winning right now in getting good press for a new attraction.
It is probably the only new attraction to open on time without much issue...

Plus it is something very different that we didn't have in Orlando before. People are noticing.

I haven't heard 1 negative review. Even from non-coaster fans I have heard how great it is.

I haven't heard anything about the ride itself but the queue is another matter. Maybe the lack of "big boy" seats but that is about it.

Reactions: anihilnation
I haven't heard anything about the ride itself but the queue is another matter. Maybe the lack of "big boy" seats but that is about it.

I have only heard about the queue on here. But it seems most people I talked to have waited no more than 20 minutes to ride this. Many are AP holders with early entry or one time express. Others have said the line was posted 30, but only waited 10 to 20.

Reactions: anihilnation
Except for Manta Seaworld is not known for queues anyway. And on the bright side, instead of the nice wooden switchbacks, it could have been plain steel lol.

Once Kong officially opens I am sure it will do well. All the stuff of delays is really just stuff for us who follow these things, the general public is largely unaware of it.

I meant that everyone I have talked to that has been on it has commented on how hot the area under the load is. They could have done something to fix that but I guess it was hard to find any money for guest experience after the paid for the ride.

This little problem is quite silly.
Yes, there are pixie snorters. There's no denying it.
But we should not be up in arms on wether or not someone dislikes one attraction, but will like another. It's their personal preference. I understand that if you hear someone trashing a ride you like, of course you're going to be upset about it.
But let's not bicker about it.

Reactions: IzzyB
In line now. Stoked!! Finally in person. 75 minute wait but were a okay with that!!!
giphy.gif