Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 535 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I've never been evaced off a Universal ride, but once Spiderman broke down once we got to the floating section and we got to finish the ride with the lights on and the screens glitching out. It was crazy. The only ride I've been truly evaced from was Test Track (the old one) towards the beginning... not super interesting.

Reactions: Ryno27 and Mike S
For what it's worth, I was listening to KISS 99.9 (country radio station in South Florida) earlier today and they are doing a contest that gives away tickets to Universal Orlando. In the commercial one of the radio DJs sure made it seem like the attraction is fully operational and open to the public. They made no mention of "Coming Soon" or "Opening Summer 2016." Just found it very curious since it is still in softs. They are also advertising it on their website. Perhaps they won't actually have a "Grand Opening" and instead just casually open it as time goes on?

For what it's worth, I was listening to KISS 99.9 (country radio station in South Florida) earlier today and they are doing a contest that gives away tickets to Universal Orlando. In the commercial one of the radio DJs sure made it seem like the attraction is fully operational and open to the public. They made no mention of "Coming Soon" or "Opening Summer 2016." Just found it very curious since it is still in softs. They are also advertising it on their website. Perhaps they won't actually have a "Grand Opening" and instead just casually open it as time goes on?
This has been talked about before.... no, it is not fully operational and open to the public. It is still doing softs for now. Most people are speculating it will open along with Hulk late Summer.

This has been talked about before.... no, it is not fully operational and open to the public. It is still doing softs for now. Most people are speculating it will open along with Hulk late Summer.

I'm aware... I was simply pointing out how the language they used in the commercial was quite deceiving to the general public since it is not technically open and fully operational.

Didn't get to ride last night, but we did get to see an evac in the outside portion of the ride. When we came back a few hours later to check the ride was closed for the evening, and 2 RV's were parked outside.

The new Kong commercial is interesting. The witchdoctor is there, but played by an actress, and for some reason the finale Kong scene is super bright.

What I don't get is that the ride doesn't seem to have the ability to reposition and restart/resume.

That's an issue of older tech that I don't understand how it's showing up in a brand new ride.

The vehicles getting lost is an issue that Energy had and continues to have - but other trackless rides can reposition a vehicle and resume the ride.

And so - maybe it's the film segments? But those are now digital - they don't have to spool. In older rides (simulators, energy - anything with long film scenes) you couldn't pause the film. It had to play itself out and then rewind to play again. Digital projection shouldn't have this problem.

So why Kong is stopping and evac'ing so much just baffles me.
I wonder if it has anything to do with the battery recharge. The battery charge has a very short life.

FWIW, single rider is now open.

Also, billboards are now going up and they don't make a mention of "Coming Soon".

I think it's sorta-open now. :lol:
"Sorta-Open" is key though. Because it isn't fully open or we wouldn't have to race to get there at a certain time or worry about TM's cutting us off. Or like the other day, ride down all day.

Advertising the ride as open officially is misleading at best imo if that's what they're doing. It's just been in previews for close to a month now and still following typical tech rehearsal protocol.

"Sorta-Open" is key though. Because it isn't fully open or we wouldn't have to race to get there at a certain time or worry about TM's cutting us off. Or like the other day, ride down all day.

Advertising the ride as open officially is misleading at best imo if that's what they're doing. It's just been in previews for close to a month now and still following typical tech rehearsal protocol.

They still have the sign out front saying Tech Rehearsals though so IDK.

Reactions: Ryno27 and Mike S