Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

So now that this is "open" according to marketing is the ride opening before 4 PM?
I don't think Universal said it's officially open yet on the net site, FB, or park operations, or it's out of soft opening status. This might just be that gray area time between marketing & reality.

They received VIP treatment because he was on a game show?

I don't think some of you realize the reach and popularity of YouTube personalities (many make a very good living off of it and influence trends and politics). The new form of TV actors. This is lots of free publicity for Universal.

I would of made similar comments; but Legolas hit the nail in the head.

YouTube is one of entertainments largest platforms, even with Fair Use being an important issue; it has some of the largest internet personalities/creators on the internet. Depending on how massive the certain personality is; Universal would think wisely on having them come to the parks in the form of publicity.

I would consider Fallon somewhat in the similar boat; given that he (and other talk show Hosts like Conan o' Brian and Jimmy Kimmel) have had exceptional time with internet views thanks to allowing certain parts of their show's go viral in certain aspects (For Example; Fallon and Kevin Hart with Rip Ride Rockit). It really all depends on what will cause the best use of synergy in attracting different audiences.

And for an attraction like ROK, Synergy could be key into this (like how they use the NBC Radio Broadcasts as a way to synergize with the main NBCUniversal company).

Last edited:
I don't think Universal said it's officially open yet on the net site, FB, or park operations, or it's out of soft opening status. This might just be that gray area time between marketing & reality.

Pretty large grey area when radio stations and billboards make it seem like it is open. I believe this is another case of left hand not talking to the right hand. These theme parks this year are really loving that.

Pretty large grey area when radio stations and billboards make it seem like it is open. I believe this is another case of left hand not talking to the right hand. These theme parks this year are really loving that.
Yes....and it also may indicate the full opening is imminent. Like maybe for this holiday weekend. We'll soon see, I guess.

I am confused now, is Kong open or not?
I am going tomorrow morning, last day before blockout, would be nice if I could do Kong, but am not expecting to.

Yeah this is me, I was hoping for Softs to end before the July 1st date so I could go out there for lunch. But I don't see it happening. I do think that they better open it soon because they may have many people at GS saying, "But there is a billboard", "but I heard on the radio", etc. when they go to the park at noon and the ride is not open with the sign that says tech rehearsals.

Yeah this is me, I was hoping for Softs to end before the July 1st date so I could go out there for lunch. But I don't see it happening. I do think that they better open it soon because they may have many people at GS saying, "But there is a billboard", "but I heard on the radio", etc. when they go to the park at noon and the ride is not open with the sign that says tech rehearsals.
You must have a long lunch

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this in the thread, but I saw this today at Publix. It makes it seem like the ride is open.

There has been those and many other advertisements at our Publix in S FL for almost 3 weeks. Every advertisement suggests it's open. On the flip side of that advertisement it shows Hulk this summer.

I don't think some of you realize the reach and popularity of YouTube personalities (many make a very good living off of it and influence trends and politics). The new form of TV actors. This is lots of free publicity for Universal.
Yup, the biggest of youtubers make millions.

Even with just a niche following, you can make a pretty decent living.

I won't consider this ride open or out of softs until it opens up with the rest of the park at open and not in the afternoon with it maybe working correctly or not. The marketing stuff is not a true indication of it being open, I'm assuming Universal had hoped the ride would be further along than it is now and fully open, but it's not.