Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 529 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Softs started around 3:30.. Only 2 taking passengers.. Third truck cycling but has caution tape over door actuators. Truck cycling but empty. Wait time 120 minutes. Line slow so we bailed.. Three rides will do for now. So long Kong! Review / thoughts in the next few days

Reactions: Mike S and JoeCamel
Softs started around 3:30.. Only 2 taking passengers.. Third truck cycling but has caution tape over door actuators. Truck cycling but empty. Wait time 120 minutes. Line slow so we bailed.. Three rides will do for now. So long Kong! Review / thoughts in the next few days

Thanks for the info, seems the doors would be a fairly simple fix. I have some suggestions for them, anyone have the right number?

Reactions: Ryno27
I think it more comes down to focus. Right now Orlando is focused on grieving this tragedy. Many of the theme park employees were personally effected by this either knowing someone who knows a victim or personally knowing a victim. So Universal and Disney decided to not take the focus away from the grieving process and putting it on them and their new attractions.

I also think that both are businesses and in some ways used this to delay the media events. Neither Frozen or Kong are ready for a grand opening. So this gives both parks more time. So delaying the grand opening was a win for the community, the employees, and the parks.
Technically Frozen has grand opened since FastPasses are available and the date was never changed from June 21st. It's definitely working like it should only be in softs like Kong though.

Maybe they're in the process of retrofitting them and didn't get finished on one yet?

That's probably what's going on! To act fast, UC has to be tricky how they spend money and sometimes they turn to a vendor to procure and install and ask for it to billed under something esoteric the vendor was also working on, but under the same project. UC getting the additional bucks directly from Universal is a drawn out time-consuming nightmare as I understand it.

(I have never told you people this before yet I have known this for quite some time!)

;)

Last edited:
OK so my thoughts on the ride from last night. We had a long wait, the queue moves quick when the trucks are rolling. The ride is very good for what it is. Ultimately even with the impressive technical features of the ride its still another simulator. I would have loved to have seen more with the animatronics which are really well done. The theming in the queue is very good although they should really have a way to turn down the witch room if the ride goes down and you are stuck in that room! Overall I enjoyed it, I wouldn't wait more than an hour to ride in future. I enjoyed the coaster elements of escape from gringotts more than the 360 Kong ride system but its still well worth riding multiple times

Very cool ride.. I am not a screens person.. simply because kings island does not have them and thats our home and most frequented park. but after a few rides here yesterday and today, they are very cool. So yesterday we got in line when I posted and the line was rolling. One empty truck cycled and that was it.. 30 minutes later another one cycled and everyone went nuts then another 30 minutes.. nothing.. people kept getting out of line so we were moving forward. After 1 hour we were at the entrance to the inside queues. We decided to give it 45 more minutes. They kept announcing brief technical delays then finally it was an extended. Then at about 1:30 minutes of waiting, they stated cycling empty trucks and the line started roaring. After the first truck went with people you would have though we all won the lottery! From that point we were 10 more minutes in line and off we went! Great ride! I will detail it in the review section. Funniest part was on the unload platform, the gates went up and the CM's were like.. dont move while they all waited to see if the gates on the truck stayed opened. Thats all for now.. off to the pool and then back at 4 for hopefully another ride :)

Yeah, I miss the Phantom Theater at Kings Island and the main ghoul saying, "What are you looking at?" I will have to get down to IOA in September (after my dearly beloved Kings Island has stopped daily operations).

Yeah Its most likely that hulk will have some sort of grand opening thing, however I wouldn't predict anything though until the end of summer. An attraction usually doesn't get a grand opening if it's plagued with problems like HRRR. But if despicable me got some flare I don't see why Kong can't either

Reactions: Ryno27 and Mike S
I agree with others, I think the plan is to grand open this with Hulk, which I think Hulk is probably planned for August since that lines up with late summer. I imagine softs for Hulk start mid to late July.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
Makes sense though, keep it in soft to iron out the kinks and only open when everything works as it should, saves on negative press. And since there never was another opening date, no one can really say it is delayed.

Well yes and no. They did have contests and other things that indicated an opening date to the media. So it all depends on how the media plays this one out. Yes, no official date was announced, but the media isn't dumb. It is pretty clear they missed their targeted grand opening date.

Status
Not open for further replies.