Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 528 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I've been told by the end of the month, but they're not giving it an fanfare.

So, next week?

Weird that they wouldn't give it any fanfare -- it can't possibly be that problem-riddled! Then again Disney did just throw open Frozen with zero fanfare so I'm guessing this is all due to Pulse.

So, next week?

Weird that they wouldn't give it any fanfare -- it can't possibly be that problem-riddled! Then again Disney did just throw open Frozen with zero fanfare so I'm guessing this is all due to Pulse.
I can also see WDW not wanting to have had a grand opening celebration because of the alligator situation. That's something that happened directly on WDW property.

I really don't think Disney wanted to give Frozen much fanfare though, tbh. I mean, look at what happened Day 1. Of course, that was mostly due to low capacity ride system. Point is, they have enough issues with the ride, more people aren't going to help.

Kong on the other hand can handle the people. I would think a low-profile opening wouldn't come off as "disrespectful". I mean, both Mako and Cobra's Curse had media days.

Fly out to Universal Tonight! Daughter still has zero idea we will be at Universal for a long weekend. I assume the best bet to ride Kong is showing up at Skull Island around 4 or later? Is the line getting shorter later in the evening?

Looking forward to a Chance of Reign especially with the fondness I had for Kongfrontation

Fly out to Universal Tonight! Daughter still has zero idea we will be at Universal for a long weekend. I assume the best bet to ride Kong is showing up at Skull Island around 4 or later? Is the line getting shorter later in the evening?

Looking forward to a Chance of Reign especially with the fondness I had for Kongfrontation

I loved when my dad would drive us up randomly on weekends, surprised us every time! Where are you coming from?

Last edited:
This is a genuine question with no intent to stir. I'm genuinely confused.

I understand that the community is reeling from such a horrific week of tragedies. Why, though, could Universal not have a grand opening for Kong? I'm not understanding the connection.

Reactions: Ryno27
I think it more comes down to focus. Right now Orlando is focused on grieving this tragedy. Many of the theme park employees were personally effected by this either knowing someone who knows a victim or personally knowing a victim. So Universal and Disney decided to not take the focus away from the grieving process and putting it on them and their new attractions.

I also think that both are businesses and in some ways used this to delay the media events. Neither Frozen or Kong are ready for a grand opening. So this gives both parks more time. So delaying the grand opening was a win for the community, the employees, and the parks.

Last edited:
So, we are shooting to go Sunday . Not to solely ride Kong, but just hoping the chances are good enough that waiting for it to soft open is timed correctly. What we are hoping for more than anything, is the smoothness of the ride operation to continue to get better!

Reactions: Ryno27 and Mike S
I was generally asking you a question since you seem upset.
I'm asking what would be wrong with them not having a grand opening?
But don't bother to answer, since you're offended.

Lol offended? No.

My question was of genuine confusion. Hence why I said 'I'm genuinely confused." Not angry. Not upset. Confused.

I think it more comes down to focus. Right now Orlando is focused on grieving this tragedy. Many of the theme park employees were personally effected by this either knowing someone who knows a victim or personally knowing a victim. So Universal and Disney decided to not take the focus away from the grieving process and putting it on them and their new attractions.

I also think that both are businesses and in some ways used this to delay the media events. Neither Frozen or Kong are ready for a grand opening. So this gives both parks more time. So delaying this was a win for the community, the employees, and the parks.

That clears it up. I knew it was along the lines of grieving but I forgot that an employee of Uni was involved in the incident. Thank you!

Reactions: martymcflyy85
This is a genuine question with no intent to stir. I'm genuinely confused.

I understand that the community is reeling from such a horrific week of tragedies. Why, though, could Universal not have a grand opening for Kong? I'm not understanding the connection.

Probably for a similar reason That Uni and Disney both donated the same amount to the Orlando fund. It's a bad time to look like you're engaging in one upsmanship.