Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 189 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Mr Olympia type bodybuilders would most likely never fit, those people tend to be massive chest wise and leg-wise. Just look at someone like Ronnie Coleman, he is enormous, funny thing though, is that apparently a lot of bodybuilders are on the shorter side.

Hopefully nobody invites Lou Ferrigno to the grand opening.

Reactions: anihilnation
I always have to use the big guy seats.....im 6'4" and normal seats dont fit because of the shpuldera/chest. I'm glad they added more.

And you can make the seat belt whatever color you want.....if I'm in the front row I'm happy.

Can't wait for the ride to open. Annual pass holder, hit the park every weekend with my daughters, by far my favorite ride and it looks like the experience will be that much better.

I also could care less about a different colored belt. I am 6.1 and about 305 . I last went in 2012 or 2013. Could barely get in on hulk,fj, or dueling dragons. I am overweight but I do have big broad shoulders. Even back when I was younger and slimmer at the waist ,riding Superman,or Batman at 6flags over GA , I would immediately bruise on my shoulders or any over the top restraint. Really wish fj could better suite big boys and gals, hope hulk will be OK to get on, could care less about dueling dragons,and I wouldn't even attempt rip rocket,lol.

Went to WDW and UNI/IOA three weeks ago. You really get an idea of just how prevalent obesity is in our country. I'm not talking just a little obese. I am about 10-15 pounds over my target weight and would love to lose but also love cookies. I'm talking people who are 100-200 pounds or more above a normal weight. Sometimes, it is caused by diseases like diabetes or other handicaps which cannot be prevented. Others are simply caused by overactive elbows and a general lack of exercise. I am not really trying to humiliate anyone but it was rather shocking.

People also need to understand that the crew needs the red belt to know which seats are designated.

It is hard not to judge. I gain weight looking at a piece of cake. I think my struggle to keep my weight under control tends to make me hyper critical of the scooter people. It bothers me when I see them complain how Universal is so mean to "pooh" sized people compared to how "pooh" sized friendly Disney is. When they can't walk because of bad knees from carrying around 200 extra pounds I want to shake some sense into them.

Well I could not fit FJ but have absolutely no problem with modified seating on dc, hulk, doom or anything else even gringotts. Was upset though last time when I made the test seats for rip ride but didn't make the ride seat. I'm not fat the least bit, but my butt, legs, and shoulders are the problem. I think if I didn't wear jeans that day I would have made rip ride honestly, but they even gave me 3 express tickets to compensate. Don't think I'll ever experience forbidden journey though those restraints are a dead hit on my shoulders. On the other hand it is 100% unfair to theme parks to receive complaints from big bertha's because they cant fit! it sickens me. Like use the rejection as a tactic to loose weight, you'll be so better off.

Last edited:
Went to WDW and UNI/IOA three weeks ago. You really get an idea of just how prevalent obesity is in our country. I'm not talking just a little obese. I am about 10-15 pounds over my target weight and would love to lose but also love cookies. I'm talking people who are 100-200 pounds or more above a normal weight. Sometimes, it is caused by diseases like diabetes or other handicaps which cannot be prevented. Others are simply caused by overactive elbows and a general lack of exercise. I am not really trying to humiliate anyone but it was rather shocking.

People also need to understand that the crew needs the red belt to know which seats are designated.
Universal should absolutely not be trying to accommodate morbidly obese people on their attractions. It gives off the impression that being that size is somehow ok and the norm. Not to mention having them on attractions poses a massive safety risk to the other riders.

Universal should absolutely not be trying to accommodate morbidly obese people on their attractions. It gives off the impression that being that size is somehow ok and the norm. Not to mention having them on attractions poses a massive safety risk to the other riders.

Agreed. We saw what happened with the lady in Texas who was too big for the coaster a few years ago.

Reactions: NoFatties
Not everyone who is obese is because of eating habits. Many people have thyroid issues which can cause weight to balloon as well as other issues. Its just making assumptions. Thats like saying they shouldn't make lines and rides wheelchair accessible because those people could be carried.

Not everyone who is obese is because of eating habits. Many people have thyroid issues which can cause weight to balloon as well as other issues. Its just making assumptions. Thats like saying they shouldn't make lines and rides wheelchair accessible because those people could be carried.
Lines don't compromise someone's safety, Throwing off weight distribution on a ride vehicle does. It doesn't matter whether or not something is your fault, it's still a risk against other riders. It's like letting someone on with a broken leg. It may not of been their fault, but that large plastic boot on your foot can cause a lot of damage if it slips off.

So, to sum up, Hulk has red belts and not everyone is happy. Some people have legitimate health issues and could be impacted by the seats that can accommodate them. Some people are overeaters and should use the lack of riding as an incentive to start dieting. Kids should be strongly encouraged to begin playing outside again (instead of playing games on TV) to encourage active lifestyles and better choices.

In other news, Hulk statue is awesome. Bubbling water is awesome. Indoor queue could be awesome, especially if air conditioned. Actual soft open or all-out open is unknown which is most definitely not awesome.

Not that same at all. One of the big risks of large people is the pull down lap bars not securing the smaller people in the car. I have heard stories of children being flung around dangerously on rides with obese parents.
The vast majority of obese people are that way due to lifestyle choices, the same can't be said for those in wheelchairs.
Asking a park to make changes to accommodate people who make a lifestyle choice that includes poor eating habits, and lack of exercise is a self indulgent attitude.

It sounds mean, but I fear that if they accommodate them too much with the bigger ride seats Universal will turn into the scooter hell that has taken over the Disney parks.

Reactions: NoFatties