Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 191 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Are these the first of the ticket based lockers on property?

I hope this is the start of the transition away from the fingerprint lockers. They're a hot, unreliable mess in the summer season.
Yes, as far as I know, as far as I've seen, this is the first ones. It's a great idea, but the funny thing is, you're not supposed to have any loose items, yet this system now requires you to at least have your park ticket with you on the ride... which could fall out of your pocket. The fingerprint system was not perfect, but at least it allowed you to safely leave your pass in a wallet in the locker.

Are lanyards allowed on the coaster under the new rules?

Yes, as far as I know, as far as I've seen, this is the first ones. It's a great idea, but the funny thing is, you're not supposed to have any loose items, yet this system now requires you to at least have your park ticket with you on the ride... which could fall out of your pocket. The fingerprint system was not perfect, but at least it allowed you to safely leave your pass in a wallet in the locker.

Are lanyards allowed on the coaster under the new rules?

I believe lanyards have always been allowed. So, instead of scanning the fingerprint you scan a ticket?

Reactions: Alicia
I believe lanyards have always been allowed. So, instead of scanning the fingerprint you scan a ticket?
Okay cool. And yes, it says you just scan your park ticket to rent a locker. No need to to use fingerprint on these new ones. You can still pay to use them longer than the free period too, using your park ticket as your key to open it later.

00866.MTS_.Still039.jpg

Okay cool. And yes, it says you just scan your park ticket to rent a locker. No need to to use fingerprint on these new ones. You can still pay to use them longer than the free period too, using your park ticket as your key to open it later.

00866.MTS_.Still039.jpg
The wording of that makes me worried the free locker isn't going to be free anymore. That would really be a customer service nightmare.

All lockers are free while you ride. I don't particularly like having my pass on me to enter express either but somehow they allow the lanyard (w/ pins) on every coaster. I do miss having my phone on me and listening to some music on my headphones while I ride the dragons.

Reactions: Alicia
The wording of that makes me worried the free locker isn't going to be free anymore. That would really be a customer service nightmare.
This sign says FREE LOCKER on it. The lockers will still work the same as before as far as price. Free for X minutes and then you can optionally pay for extra time after that. And they've always been fair giving you more than enough time to wait in line, ride, and even browse the exit gift shop before your rental is up.

00866.MTS_.Still038.jpg

Reactions: Ryan
All lockers are free while you ride. I don't particularly like having my pass on me to enter express either but somehow they allow the lanyard (w/ pins) on every coaster. I do miss having my phone on me and listening to some music on my headphones while I ride the dragons.
You should see the collection of cell phones, hats, etc on the overhead nets at the bottom of the first drop on Goliath at Six Flags over Georgia. The ground below many other coasters there also has a nice collection.

It never ceases to amaze me how many people think their ballcaps will stay on during a coaster run.

Reactions: anihilnation
You should see the collection of cell phones, hats, etc on the overhead nets at the bottom of the first drop on Goliath at Six Flags over Georgia. The ground below many other coasters there also has a nice collection.

It never ceases to amaze me how many people think their ballcaps will stay on during a coaster run.

I'm guilty of that...I always lose my dang hat and end up mad but its my own fault.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
This sign says FREE LOCKER on it. The lockers will still work the same as before as far as price. Free for X minutes and then you can optionally pay for extra time after that. And they've always been fair giving you more than enough time to wait in line, ride, and even browse the exit gift shop before your rental is up.

00866.MTS_.Still038.jpg

I want to say that the free time is usually posted wait time + 20 or 30 minutes.

I have posted a new blog post here, to go along with the video. Here's some images below that I think are interesting from it.

00866.MTS_.Still013.jpg

00866.MTS_.Still014.jpg

Looks like they're testing LED backlighting behind the white panels

00866.MTS_.Still015.jpg

00866.MTS_.Still021.jpg

Greatest ride entrance ever!

00866.MTS_.Still019.jpg

00866.MTS_.Still031.jpg

Making it kinda hard to test out the seats before riding, Bruce. (Hehe)

00866.MTS_.Still023.jpg

Cannot wait to see this lit up!

00866.MTS_.Still033.jpg

What do you mean the line is 3 hours long!?!

00866.MTS_.Still034.jpg

New area courtyard complete with mini garden

00866.MTS_.Still037.jpg

Fancy new-fangled lockers

00866.MTS_.Still041.jpg

Hundreds of small ones...

00866.MTS_.Still042.jpg

But only one section of large ones for backpacks... that may cause a slight issue

00866.MTS_.Still043.jpg

00866.MTS_.Still048.jpg

I noticed two new nets added on either side of 'ol blue here

00866.MTS_.Still047.jpg

New nets blend in better and look more permanent/professional

00866.MTS_.Still052.jpg

Fancy lighting

00866.MTS_.Still055.jpg

Happy lagoon

00866.MTS_.Still008.jpg

00866.MTS_.Still071.jpg

Looks like they're testing empty now, no more water dummies

00866.MTS_.Still035.jpg

Despite the sign, and work walls in front of entrance, I still saw many people ask the staff out front if it was open. Lots more pics on my blog here.

I have a reeeeeeaaaaal problem with the new covered queue... especially the flat angled roofs going up the stairs. They are so rudimentary and tossed together looking. No theming at all...

The new planted area is kinda purdy. It appears they aren't finished planting everything. Universal leaves plants in nursery pots sitting around like that somewhat often. Disney is better about either planting the plants or keeping them backstage until such time.

Last edited:
You'll be there to ride it in three months. :clap: :cheers:
You know it! I have several more trips to take other places in the U.S. between now and the FL trip and I just keep wishing it was October already!! I am really excited about it. Not only are we doing Universal/HHN for a week, but we are also hitting up Seaworld (Mako) and Busch Gardens (4 new rides since our last visit) on the same trip. We are REALLY excited, to say the least. :clap::cheers:

Reactions: Mad Dog