Mass WDI Layoffs | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Mass WDI Layoffs

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I am shocked that Joe Rhode and Tom Fitzgerald got cut. I would of imagined them to be albeit..safe? I wonder if we will hear of any more of the higher ups get fired in the process..

Reactions: Joel
Yup. And Marvel at DCA. Lots of people missing the big picture here.

So we're talking about a total reinvention to go along with the reshaping of WDI, I assume? I wonder if this could possibly mean more time for Tower... I mean, yeah it's happening with or without Joe, but when... hmmm...

As for Fitzgerald: good riddance. Stop touching Epcot, please and thank you.

I really hope this results in better attractions for smaller budgets in less time but you never know!

This is probably the best thing to actually happen to these people. Their talents are being way underutilized. Those who move on to something else will probably get far more practice and experience to develop those talents even further. You don't need high paid designers to redecorate attractions and build shopping malls.

mind you it doesn't specify which rumour floating around so....could be fired,could not be fired, could be anything.

I would assume that they would have him contractually required to say that he's still working with WDI, atleast; as I would assume.

I would be curious if similar events happen to Joe and Tom would be contractual, much like if I'm not mistaken what happened with Tom Staggs.

Some people keep mentioning Joe on Twitter and I keep taking it out. I'm not going to tag the dude in regards to his rumored (looking less like that!) firing.

And yeah, he's probably not allowed to say anything at the moment.

This is probably the best thing to actually happen to these people. Their talents are being way underutilized. Those who move on to something else will probably get far more practice and experience to develop those talents even further. You don't need high paid designers to redecorate attractions and build shopping malls.

and DVC buildings. How many new DVC buildings has Disney tossed up in the last 10 years? I saw years ago that their focus was not on improving the park offerings, they turned into a time share company.

Reactions: s8film40
From what I'm hearing, Joe will be most likely placed off Marvel at DCA, complete Avatar and then head into "early retirement".

Joe had a lot to do with Animal Kingdom and imo is probably their best park but you know what they say. It is what it is.

A few of the heavy hitters may be able to use their Disney experience as leverage to NOT go to China if they want. For instance Joe. If Universal REALLY wanted him, but he really didn't want to go to China, he could simply negotiate working on the Orlando south project as part of his hiring.