Mass WDI Layoffs | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Mass WDI Layoffs

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
There's nothing normal about what they're doing here. It sounds like it's more or less a complete transformation of WDI.
Well honestly, I welcome that. WDI has to get their crap in order. It's been far too bloated and filled with such large, competing egos for far too long.

Reactions: JungleSkip
So yea, it's starting to make the rounds on twitter:

Expect Rohde to be among the ones to get the boot.
Wow, didn't expect that. Apparently Fitzgerald is gone, too.

But not surprised. What with his "Research Trips" that end up costing way too much and being unnecessary. I'll give him credit though, he got high up and he figured out how to use Disney for all they were worth...

I'd be fascinated to see what Joe could do at Universal though.

Reactions: Joel
Wow, didn't expect that. Apparently Fitzgerald is gone, too.

But not surprised. What with his "Research Trips" that end up costing way too much and being unnecessary. I'll give him credit though, he got high up and he figured out how to use Disney for all they were worth...

I'd be fascinated to see what Joe could do at Universal though.

This has zero to do with research trips. This is simple WDI costs too much to make mediocre attractions guests don't like. I can't say more besides I can confirm Rohde and Fitz are GONE.

This has zero to do with research trips. This is simple WDI costs too much to make mediocre attractions guests don't like. I can't say more besides I can confirm Rohde and Fitz are GONE.
I wasn't implying it had anything much to do with the trips. It's simply a matter of him being the highest salaried Imagineer if I were to guess.

What probably will happen is Joe and others will be given "garden leave", aka they're paid but told not to come in or work for a competing company. Usually lasts a year or two.
Yea, the old "he's a consultant now trick". The retirement gold watch business will be doing quite well. ...Yes, Joe's name was being bandied about yesterday. Looks like that info was right. ....I just want to reiterate what I said yesterday. OU, Bri Man & Test Track, were well ahead of the curve that this could/would happen. And they got grief from some people but turned out they were truly on to something. This site is the "Prime" site for Universal info. But they ain't shabby on Disney stuff either. :thumbsup:

Wow I really can't believe that Joe Rohde got cut. He's been a pretty key person in a lot of their stuff and has been one of their go to media personalities. Things are about to get very interesting across the board.

Reactions: Joel