Universal's 6th Hotel Rumors & Speculation | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's 6th Hotel Rumors & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No alcohol for the credit :curse:

That does seem a little odd. From a purely business perspective, I'd imagine that alcohol has a pretty high mark up and will require just a bar tender instead of a chef and waiting staff.

Unless Universal has problems with people drinking which judging by this forum, I could easily believe :cheers:

Reactions: Joel and JoeCamel
That does seem a little odd. From a purely business perspective, I'd imagine that alcohol has a pretty high mark up and will require just a bar tender instead of a chef and waiting staff.

Unless Universal has problems with people drinking which judging by this forum, I could easily believe :cheers:

I can unequivocally state that Universal does not have an issue with people drinking. Love their drinks, they don't skimp on the pour for the most part. :D

Reactions: Scott W.

My guess is something about it being illegal to give away alcohol. Or if not illegal, at least high on the liability scale. We had a beer distributor as a sponsor here who couldn't just credit our account or even discount product as part of the sponsorship. They would have to write us a check due to liquor laws. I'd assume its the same principle here.

My guess is something about it being illegal to give away alcohol. Or if not illegal, at least high on the liability scale. We had a beer distributor as a sponsor here who couldn't just credit our account or even discount product as part of the sponsorship. They would have to write us a check due to liquor laws. I'd assume its the same principle here.

I wonder where Budweiser fell into that with their samples at SeaWorld back in the day.

I believe they are really just about to break ground. They've started parking more of the construction crews in the first floor of the south garage to try and free up the space in VB and the new hotel site for work.

Is the meal credit only good for SF or can it be used in the other restaurants at the other resorts? I've never stayed in any of the onsite hotels, but every time I've been to them I wondered how well those restaurants do.

OK, so it's the newness of the restaurants along with the dining credit causing this glut of diners. So, it will die down, or they will keep issuing dining vouchers if it packs those restaurants. They'll make back every cent of what they "give away" in food on alcohol and other sales.

Reactions: Mad Dog
OK, so it's the newness of the restaurants along with the dining credit causing this glut of diners. So, it will die down, or they will keep issuing dining vouchers if it packs those restaurants. They'll make back every cent of what they "give away" in food on alcohol and other sales.
It's a smart promo. It gets people into the hotel, and then it assists in keeping them on the hotel grounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.